Chapter 23: witchcraft

nanami headed into the lobby, seeing that gojou was already there sitting in a chair.

"oh, heyyyy! you're late!", the sorcerer said as he stood up and walked over to nanami with a large grin on his face, "honestly i never thought i'd say that to you of all people"

nanami got straight to the point, "saeko agreed to help us with sukuna"

"woah really?", the white-haired man chuckled, "nanamin you dirty dog, don't tell me you seduced her to help out our dear itadori-kun", he teased.

nanami scowled at him, "she made this decision on her own. i'm actually against it", he grunted. "i'm going to be there with the two of you to make sure you take it seriously", he felt a buzz in his pocket and pulled out his phone.

s: i have the things we need, i'll be over soon!

"oh? you two are texting?", gojou asked as he tried to peek over nanami's shoulder.

nanami hid his phone from his nosy colleague, "do you mind?". he looked up and saw ichiji walking down towards them, "ichiji-san", he called out to the man who scurried over.

"yes?"

"can you please pick up miss. kobayashi and drive her over here?", he asked as he texted her.

n: ichiji is going to pick you up, where are you?

"yes of course", he walked ahead to only turn around and head back towards nanami, "um, why is she coming here?"

"nanami wants to see his lady", gojou mocked

nanami glared at him before looking back at ichiji, "she's agreed to help us with sukuna". his phone buzzed again.

s: are you sure? i don't want to cause any trouble

n: it's fine don't worry about it. where are you right now?

"sh-she has?? i thought she said she couldn't??", ichiji stuttered.

"seems like nanami made her change her mind after they had some alone time", gojou smirked as he emphasizes 'alone time' in air quotations.

"i told you already, i'm against this whole thing", nanami snapped back through gritted teeth, his patience wearing thin.

he looked back over at ichiji whose face had turned bright red. "just um one more thing?", the man asked, "where is she right now?"

nanami's phone buzzed again. he looked down at his screen and saw that saeko had shared her location with him.

"i'll send you her location", he said as he sent the information to ichiji's phone.

"ah yes, thank you", ichiji said quietly, "i'll uh...get going then", the man turned around, heading out the door.

nanami sighed as he watched ichiji walk out the door, leaving him and gojou alone in the lobby. he looked over at gojou who had a smug look on his face, like a cat that had just gotten tuna.

"sooooo, what's been going on with you and her?", the silver-haired man asked.

"shut up"

some time had passed since ichiji had left to go get saeko and nanami had spent it trying to calm his nerves. he was thinking of all the possible things that could go wrong during the seance in his head. he looked at gojou who seemed to not have a care in the world as he scrolled through his phone.

"gojou-san"

"yeah what's up?", the white-haired man asked, still 'looking' at his phone

nanami walked over to him and grabbed his phone out of his hands, "take this seriously", he hissed through his teeth.