Chapter 17: lunch

"oi! brotha!", nanami watched as a muscular teenager pushed past his schoolmates, making a beeline towards itadori.

"eh? what are you guys doing here?", itadori asked, looking quite confused.

"whaddya mean? i can't just see my best friend for no reason?", the burly teen asked.

"well yeah but why are they here too?", itadori pointed over towards the rest of todo's classmates who had already sat down on the nearby benches.

"we were told that there was gonna be lunch since there's supposed to be an important visitor or whatever", a young girl with odd-looking ponytails said, never taking her eyes away from her phone.

"eh? there's gonna be lunch too??", nobara and itadori both said in unison, their eyes sparkling at the mention of food.

"i expect you all to be on your best behavior", nanami's said in a stern voice, staring directly at nobara and itadori.

"ah come on nanami, loosen up a bit", gojou said as he walked over to the blonde man, putting his arm on his shoulder.

"please stop that", nanami sighed.

"aw someone's a little grumpy that this special person is running late", gojou teased, only making nanami more irritated.

"ah, sorry i'm late! i got a little sidetracked on my way here", said a woman's voice.

nanami immediately recognized saeko's voice, turning his head to look at her. she was wearing a sleeveless lavender sweater, a pair of dark blue skinny jeans that accentuated the curve of her legs, and had on a pair of white sneakers. she had put her hair up with a big hair claw clip, leaving some strands of hair to frame her face, and was carrying a plain tote bag on her shoulder. even in her casual clothes she still looked like a goddess.

"oh! it's that lady from the other day!", itadori broke the silence, pointing at saeko.

"huh?? you know her??", todo looked back at itadori before continuing to ogle at her, "she's super hot...is she a milf??", he said a little too loudly.

"milf...?", saeko cocked her head to the side.

"bonito flakes", inumaki muttered as he stared at saeko.

nanami scowled at the young boys, "that's enough", he said sharply.

saeko giggled, "it's alright, i'm sure they don't mean any harm by it", she looked over at nanami with a soft smile that made him feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

"ah yes! everyone, meet saeko kobayashi! she is our very special guest for today and she is very excited to meet all of you!", gojou sang out as he walked over to her.

nanami narrowed his eyes as he watched gojou put his hand on saeko's shoulder. he knew that gojou was most likely just trying to mess with him but it still didn't make him any less irritated.

"now then, you all should introduce yourselves while we get going on our way to lunch!"

nanami looked from afar as some of the students walked with saeko, flocking around her like moths to a flame. he was walking a couple of yards behind the group. he had hoped to have been able to walk with saeko to lunch even if it was just a short walk, but his plans were ruined once one of the Kyoto students started interrogating her.