Chapter 10: lazy days

| hi guys here's a little chapter for soft nanami headcanons :) i made a spotify playlist filled with songs that i think would be the vibes between saeko and nanami on a chill day. it's called "domestic life" and it has a little picture of nanami on it! i personally think 'all of our yesterday' by mac demarco or 'strawberry blonde' by mitski perfectly fit this vibe. ok back to the story :p|

nanami woke up to the smell of toast and coffee being brewed. he slowly sat up, squinting at the sunlight that poured into his apartment. he looked over at the kitchen, seeing a woman in an oversized t-shirt standing in front of the stove. he pulled the covers off of him and sliding off his mattress, wearing nothing but his boxer briefs. he walked over to the kitchen, creeping up behind the woman before he wrapped his arms around her stomach and pulling her close to his chest.

"good morning", he said in a raspy voice as he rested his chin on her head. "whatcha cooking?"

she looked up, taking her focus off of the eggs in the skillet, "breakfast", her long eyelashes almost touching her eyebrows.

"it smells good", he murmured as he buried his nose into her hair, taking a deep breath in, inhaling her scent. he rocked back and forth on his heels, his hands massaging her sides.

nanami heard her giggle and continue to hum as she cooked the eggs. he bent down, giving her chaste kisses from her cheek to her neck, drawing soft sighs from her lips.

"nanami?", her voice trying to sound stern but failing as he kissed her jaw, making her giggle.

"hm?", pretending to feign ignorance as his hands slithered down her waist.

"cut it out", she giggled while she squirmed in his arms, "go get some plates down, eggs are almost ready".

nanami chuckled and let go of her, reaching up to the cabinet above her to get a pair of plates and mugs. he took the toast that had just popped up from the toaster and put them on the plates, setting them next to the stove for saeko.

he poured them both a cup of coffee, reaching into the fridge to add in a splash of milk to each of theirs, watching as the dark brown liquid swirl into a marbled caramel color. taking the mugs over to the small table and placing them on coasters. he turned on the tv to the local news station, taking a sip of his coffee as saeko walked over with a plate in each hand. she kneeled down, setting their plates down in front of them.

the two sat in silence as they ate their breakfast and watched the news. listening to the newscaster drone on about the weather while they sipped their coffee.

it had been a few months since nanami started seeing saeko. most of the time, they would just hang out together like this. nanami came to realize that saeko was actually an introvert, which was perfectly fine for him as he enjoyed quiet time himself. they didn't go out much and when they did it was for a walk or to grab something from a nearby cafe or grocery store. he found that his happiest moments with her was when they were alone together, no talking, just each other's presence. it was hard to put into words but to him, saeko felt like home. it was nice to have someone nanami could just be around and not feel forced to talk about something.

as time passed, he began to pick up on her little quirks and likes and dislikes and would sometimes write them down in a small notebook. he recently learned that her favorite flower was lilies while they were on a walk through the park. it was the little things.

after breakfast, they washed the dishes and brushed their teeth before getting dressed in casual clothes.

saeko had been coming over frequently to the point where she kept some of her clothes in his closet and a spare toothbrush in his bathroom. nanami didn't mind.

he pulled out a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants from his closet drawer, putting them on while he watched her take off her large t-shirt that she had borrrowed. her skin was practically glowing in the sunlight. he smiled as he watched her put on a pair of grey soft shorts and a pink crew-neck sweatshirt.

she stared back at him, "what is it?"

he smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist, bringing her close to him, a small squeak escaping from her mouth. "nothing", he replied simply as he held her. he chuckled as he felt her nuzzling her face into his chest.

the couple spent the day relaxing since they both had time off from work. their schedules often overlapped: saeko working at night and nanami during the day. but they usually found time in between their schedules to enjoy their days off together.

nanami would read quietly as she took a nap in his arms, tired from working at the bar the night before. he would pause in between reading to see her shoulders rise and fall with each breath and move her hair away from her face. sometimes he would fall asleep too, her soft breathing luring him to join her. they would usually wake up around lunch time, stretching a bit before making lunch. sometimes they would go out to a bakery and get bread or they would stay home and make something themselves.

the day passed on as the two spent time together, watching the local news as nanami lay his head on her lap. he would close his eyes as she gently ran her fingers through her hair while she hummed softly. he would periodically open his eyes and look up at her, just to see her warm smile stretch across her face.

they were the type of people that wanted quiet, but wanted to be around another person.

they were that person for each other.

|hey guys hope u enjoyed this lil soft chapter! i had fun making this and i actually took inspiration from some headcanons i found on tiktok and my own personal hcs. thank u for reading this far and thank u sm for voting for me!! i really do appreciate all ur support :,) next chapter will be another future one and it gets a lil angsty|