✮ 𝟎𝟎𝟑 ✮

loki from jotunheim

"MARLENE?" a voice sang as her mind forced her body awake at the whimsical tone. She opened her eyes to see herself not in the room she put herself in, but instead, she was inside a large cubic room. There were windows on each wall, and when she turned her head, she caught eyes with emerald green ones. The man smirked at her. "I thought I felt a powerful source of magic. You are certainly not what I expected."

Marlene stood up, feeling her eyes glowing as she stared at him. "Sorry to not meet your expectations. I don't even know who you are."

"Loki of Asgard. God of Mischief," he said, walking closer to her. He placed his hand through her shoulder, making her realize she was not there at all. Only her body as a projection was there. "When I felt your magic, I called you to me. It was only luck that you were sleeping."

"Yeah, luck. If I was awake, you can bet your ass I wouldn't be here," Marlene said with a snarl. "I don't know why you called me anyway. They said you're the bad guy here. I'm just trying to go home."

Loki laughed, stepping backward. "Yet you have no idea where your home is. My idiot brother could not sense your home, but I certainly could. I don't have to tell you, of course, but I can see the curiosity blooming in those irises."

She felt herself frown his way. "How would you know?"

"I am very resourceful. I've picked up a few things," Loki answered with a smirk. "Sakaar was home to the Mind Stone at one point in time—long before I was gifted with it. Your powers are a combination and a catastrophe all in one. Your powers never finished developing."

Marlene felt her hands alight with energy. "I don't understand. Sakaar... I am from this place?"

"Yes," Loki said before shaking his head, "and no. Sakaar is a... a very odd planet run by very odd people. I'm not sure what happened to you after you ended on Midgard, but when you lived on that planet, you were simply a myth. Born from stars and power of the Infinity stone... not human. Your magic is chaotic and unparalleled."

Marlene let her hands fall. "Why are you telling me this?"

Loki smirked. "An olive branch. You help me take over this world, and I'll bring you home."

"You are deluded," Marlene said. "Do you think you will win against those... Avengers?"

"Do you think they will ever treat you as an equal? You will always be a mystery. Always a fear," Loki said with a smirk. "Especially to that oaf Nicholas Fury–"

"All right, Marlene. Get out of there," Natasha Romanoff said, cutting in. Marlene and Loki turned to face her.

Loki laughed. "See, Marlene? She fears you now."

"Then let her fear me. I will not use my powers to help you, Loki," she said softly. "I do not understand them or myself enough. But I know you will not succeed in your endeavors. It's a feeling... a sense. You will fail, Loki."

Loki smirked, bowing his head slightly. "We will see."

Marlene felt herself materialize away as she woke up with a start in the room she had fallen asleep in. Gasping, her wide eyes frantically looked around the room to only meet Thor's worried ones. She laid back down, grabbing at her white hair in frustration.

"You went to visit my brother?" Thor asked even though he knew the answer.

"You say he is adopted. Where was he from?" Marlene asked instead.

"Jotunheim with the Frost Giants. You are from Sakaar, if he is telling the truth. I remember my father speaking of the myth of the woman born from the stars and Mind Stone. They called you the Galactic Savior. You'd end the feuds in the worlds," Thor admitted. "But if Loki is correct, your magic is too chaotic. That means you need to learn to control it."

Marlene sat up, hand still massaging her head between the tendrils of her hair. "I was in a simulation before appearing in Westview. Someone put me there with no recollection of who I was beside my first name. I could not even remember what happened in the morning when the afternoon hit. The walls would change colors, and I wouldn't even notice," she said with a mocking laugh. "Someone was trying to hide me. It ended when I heard your voices—all of you."

Thor agreed. "I should go make sure everything is okay out there," he said after a moment. "You are welcome to stay here or join me, Lady Marlene."

Marlene leaned her head on the wall behind her. "I think I may stay here for now. The others do not like me."

"They do not know you," Thor amended, standing. "But they will. They'll know you very soon."

Marlene smiled softly at his retreating figure as he let the door shut behind him. She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath as she tried to wrap her head around the things she was told about herself. Loki wanted to use her, but she could see the underlying fear of rejection. She could guess as the adoptive brother to Thor, he always felt in a shadow. She could guess he was not trying to take over on his own agenda. Someone was toying with his emotions... his greatest ambition that was to rule.

Standing up, she was about to go find where Thor went. Placing her hand on the doorknob, she yelped when the large ship they were on was shifted dramatically. She heard a large explosion happen, and she was thrown into the wall nearest at the impact. Growling lowly, she stood up shakily when she heard alarms going off. She needed to help in anyway she could—more so that she did not end up getting killed because of their foolishness.

Opening the door, she let her eyes change as she blinked. When she opened them, she was in Steve's body. He was running with Tony, talking about fixing the engine number three. She blinked again, appearing in Natasha's view with the Hulk chasing affer her. She blinked quickly away from that, seeing Thor going after Loki. Opening her grey eyes, she ran through the falling Helicarrier until she made it on a large stretch of a runway. Behind her she saw Natasha turn the corner, and in front of her, she felt a familiar feeling of knowing as she stared at the man walking.

Natasha walked forward, shaking her head at Marlene to not engage. Marlene only rolled her eyes as Natasha and the man–Clint Barton—began to fight. She noticed the fearful thoughts in his brain being pushed back by another's control. She realized this man was being controlled by the Mind Stone in Loki's use.

Walking forward to Natasha, she ripped the woman from Clint as she placed her hands on the sides of his head. Immediately her eyes went a bright alluring blue as she took out Loki's control and saw a million thoughts run forward. He had a family. A beautiful wife and two children. He was worried about them. He and Natasha were best friends. He was worried he had hurt her. He worried about how many other agents he had killed.

He gasped aloud when Marlene ripped her hands from his temples, allowing him to fall to the ground. He was panting, crying, trying to breathe... Natasha ran forward to crouch next to him.

"Natasha?" he asked.

Marlene smiled as the blue from the Mind Stone left his eyes completely. "You must be the one who sees better from a distance," was all she said as she turned to walk off.

As she walked, she blinked her already blue eyes to find herself in Loki's head. Seeing him about to let Thor go but an agent stopping him had her running. When she realized she would not make it to them in time, she blinked again to be inside Phil Coulson's head. Using her control, she had him shoot the gun in his hand early before Loki could harm him. Loki was hit, but he appeared behind him. She made Phil turn, dodging the impact that would have left him dead. She knocked the gun in his face.

"Let him go, Marlene, or you're no better than me," Loki taunted.

Marlene did not answer him, so Phil did not. She hit him again with her energy from her fingers, but Loki was done playing around. He clicked the button to send Thor down out of the ship and left himself. She knew Phil would be safe, so she backed out of his head just as she made it to the room where he was.

He turned to look at her, rubbing his head. "You saved my life."

"He was getting on my nerves," she replied simply as Nick Fury ran in with a breath of relief as he stared at Agent Phil Coulson.