✮ 𝟎𝟕𝟎 ✮

the end of thanos

PIETRO sped underneath Marlene just as the sword made contact with her body. As she fell to the ground, he was there to catch her as gently as he could with a scowl on his face. Around them, Thanos's army began to disintegrate into ashes. Everyone watched in awe as one-by-one, Thanos lost more and more of his army. Finally, he was lost as well... his body turning to ash as everyone around them cheered.

Marlene frowned and hissed in pain as Pietro sat her down quickly. "Pull the sword out," Marlene called to him.

Steve, Tony, and the other Avengers ran to where they were, worry on all of their faces. "What? No, sestra, I'll hurt you."

"Pietro," Marlene warned. He mumbled under his breath about how irresponsible his sisters were before yanking the sword out with a gasp leaving her lips at the feeling. "Jesus, I hate fighting."

Steve crouched next to her as the others surrounded them. "Marls?"

"Hey, honey," Marlene said with a laugh. "I'm fine," she said quickly before sitting up as wiggling her fingers a bit at the mark. It sealed itself up, but she still hissed in pain. "I'm fine, but I really want to go on vacation. Do you think the Belize is nice? What about the Bahamas?"

Steve laughed quietly. "Anywhere you want."

"Not Space. No, I think I'm done with that," Marlene said quickly as Steve helped her stand. She looked around her with a deep breath. "Holy shit, okay." Everyone finally dropped their weapons as they turned to cheer and hug each other in victory. Marlene breathed out in relief as Tony and Pepper held each other tightly with Peter Parker in between. Yondu held Peter Quill close before Peter turned to grab Gamora to his chest as the other Guardians held each other close. Clint held Natasha. Thor and Loki embraced each other before each holding their mother for a long period of time as the other Asgardians fell to their knees in the presence of their Queen again. Pietro was talking to Vision now as Wanda held both of their hands. The Wakandans cheered together as Scott and Hope embraced. Bucky walked forward, pulling Marlene from Steve's arms to hold her close. Everyone was content.

Marlene turned when a cough was heard. Dr. Strange frowned at the Gauntlet on her hand before his eyes flickered to her head. "So, want to tell me how I did not see you coming back? What exactly are you?"

"I'm the Infinity Woman. Galactic Savior. Warrior. Weapon. Whatever the hell you want to call me," Marlene said as she reached her hand to shake his. "I prefer Marlene, but—" she cut herself off with a shrug and a smile as Dr. Strange took her hand to shake it.

"Marlene," Strange repeated. "Well, this was supposed to end differently."

"Yet it didn't. Now, I'll return these stones where they belong, and we move on," Marlene stated firmly.

"And what of you?"

"I have a son to get home to," Marlene said with a nod. "And I have a dance my husband promised me," Marlene teased, watching Bucky nudge Steve.

"Husband?" Bucky complained. "Without me?"

Strange nodded as Marlene looked around at the damage. Flying up, the Avengers stopped talking as Marlene waved her hands softly. Around them, the Avengers Compound began to take shape again as the debris cleared. The sun peaked out as Marlene wasted no time in putting everything exactly how it was before. Opening her eyes, she smiled and let her feet touch the ground.

Steve watched her outfit change to leggings and a sweatshirt of his as her hair fell from the braids and the diadem with the replica stones disappeared. Holding the Gauntlet in her hand, she said, "I'll be right back."