✮ 𝟎𝟔𝟗 ✮

snapping her own damn fingers

STEVE Rogers was already picturing their failure until Sam Wilson had called his name on the communication devices. When portals opened around them, Steve could not help but admit that he searched for Marlene to appear. Heart beating fast when Bucky appeared, he knew that Marlene did what she did so that all of these people could come back.

The battle had started already, the Avengers yelling in sync as they began to run toward Thanos's army. It was going as Dr. Strange pictured it. Everything would turn out okay when Tony Stark would eventually snap his fingers.

Then, the first portal appeared. Everyone froze to see what it meant. Even Thanos looked bewildered.

Dr. Strange knew it was not a portal of his own.

The Avengers who had been around Marlene at least once knew what her portals looked like. They wondered if Marlene was about to fly through as the badass she was.

That was not what happened, however.

Nobody expected Pietro fucking Maximoff to fall from the sky and land in a crouched position looking very much alive as he cracked his neck with that smirk everyone has grown to love once before on his face.

Before the fighting could continue, another portal appeared.

Yondu Udonta appeared in the same manner as Pietro, landing with a scowl on his face before whistling once. A red arrow flew to hover next to his head as he grabbed it.

The next portal moved as about thirty men and women landed in the center of the battle in Asgardian gear with Heimdall leading the pack. Drawing his sword, he could feel the fear from Thanos's army growing.

Thanos was about to call to attack when two more portals appeared with two women falling together. Gamora landed next to Yondu, cocking her gun as Frigga landed next to Heimdall who thanked Marlene in his head for the revival of their queen.

Thanos's words faltered at Gamora's eyes.

On the Avengers side, everyone was in complete shock at their fallen soldiers standing as bold as brass right in front of them.

Finally, Steve could feel her before he even saw her. As if a piece of him attached itself again, a final portal appeared with Marlene floating out of it with so many colors of energy wrapping around her body. Flying down, she felt multiple gazes on her as she closed her eyes before opening them and crying out something in a foreign language. Thanos watched in fear as the Avengers had a blue glow wrap over every single person before her eyes opened and a smirk graced her face.

"C'mon, Thanos," she yelled, her voice deep and ethereal. "You wanted your Infinity War? Here it is."

Marlene began the fight again, going straight around the Avengers to knock away the creatures they were fighting. Like a multi-colored blur, she zoomed faster than Pietro could ever wish with her cape flying behind her. The fighting continued as Marlene landed near Pietro who had Wanda in his arms.

"Take care of each other," she commanded before raising a hand and flicking away a nearing creature as if it was a fly. "Promise me."

"Who's going to protect you, sestra?" Pietro quipped with a smirk.

"Like she needs it!" Wanda exclaimed as Marlene winked once more before flying off to make sure everyone was all right.

She flew between Pepper and Valkyrie, grinning at the pair before landing feet first into a creature on top of Natasha. Shuri and Okoye from Wakanda waved slightly at her as she passed, going in between Scott's gigantic legs.