✮ 𝟎𝟕𝟑 ✮

it was agatha all along

MARLENE saw Vision holding Wanda's hand as the walked through the town square of Westview. Vision had transformed himself to look like a regular man, a handsome one at that. She could see Wanda's eyes full of nothing but love as they spoke about the town they wanted to live in so badly.

"Where did you meet this Agnes?" Vision asked her after he noticed Marlene's eyes flickering around the large lawn of the town square.

Marlene felt her head begin to hurt all of a sudden, hand reaching for the nearest of the two, which happened to be Vision. Vision grabbed her hand.

"What is it, Marlene?"

Marlene looked up, and Wanda noticed how her eyes began swirling blue and yellow. Wanda turned her head to see a woman walking forward with a smirk on her lips. Wanda became on edge immediately, allowing her own hands to alight.

The people of Westview noticed the two witches, all staring with wide eyes at why Avengers were in their small town.

"Oh, dear," Agnes began. "Why such hostility?"

Marlene stood up straight, moving in front of Vision and Wanda as she allowed her magic to flare. "You want us. Why?"

"That is the question, isn't it?" she replied before her own eyes grew purple as her hands held wisps of purple energy. "Now, ladies... Vision, let's not start off our friendship with a fight. Wouldn't want these innocent people to be hurt."

Suddenly, Agnes sent her purple wisps at the nearest members of Westview. They were frozen in time, pain etched on their faces.

Wanda looked around worriedly. "What are you doing to them? Stop it!"

"Oh, but you see, this was supposed to be your reality," she said. "Agatha Harkness is who I really am, and let me just say, Marlene, you have caused quite a stir. I didn't think anything of you when you were confused and innocent... but you ruined everything. People were supposed to die. Little Scarlet Witch was supposed to go nuts over the dead Vision. How did you do it, Marlene? How?"

Wanda and Vision both hesitated at her words, but Marlene did not. She flew up in the air, and Agatha followed. "Your little friends in the sky didn't tell you about the true reality, did they? Everyone you saved... even Pietro should have stayed dead. It's not RIGHT, Marlene! It's not fair. How do you have the power?"

Wanda and Vision finally flew to be on the side of Marlene, Vision now looking back to normal. "I did what I was told to do. I don't know how or why I was gifted these powers, but I never once abused them."

"Oh, did you not? Not when you brought Pietro back? That's the kicker, isn't it? You brought him back for you."

"No, I brought him back for Wanda. They had already lost so much!" Marlene yelled. "I don't know what you want from me!"

"I want the reality to go back to the way it should have been!"

Marlene's eyes flared as she went into Agatha's head. She was kicked out immediately, but she saw a glimpse of Wanda exploding in red wisps of energy—much like after Ultron. "Do you think that'll change a thing?" Marlene asked. "Wanda still beat you."

"But, she unleashed something worse," Agatha sneered. "And now, I want to make everything right in the world."

"You'll have to beat me first," Marlene said to her. "I have help."

Agatha smirked as she sent a blast as Vision, but Vision deflected it with the stone in his head. Marlene and Wanda pieced it together quickly. She wanted to kill Vision first.