✮ 𝟎𝟐𝟗 ✮

fighting family... losing, too

OFF of the African Coast, Marlene was on edge as she hovered slightly in the air next to Tony. Steve and Thor stayed behind her, and she was sure everyone could practically feel the uneasiness radiating off of Marlene. She was already told to not fight her brother and sister unless they fought her—which they were hoping against it. She reassured all of them that she would fight them if necessary. They chose their side... she chose hers.

Gulping again, she could faintly hear Ultron screaming inside the warehouse settlement. Tony said, "Stay in my sights, Elsa."

"Why? No trust?" she said with a mocking smile.

"No, I trust you more than anyone. I'm just concerned," Tony admitted.

"'Cause he's your dad," Clint teased in the comms. "Always acted like it."

"God, can you imagine?" Natasha teased back with a laugh.

"Focus up," Steve commanded as they opened the door. Ultron's yelling became easy to make out now.

"Don't compare me with Stark! He's a sickness!" Ultron yelled just as Tony made their presence known.

"Ahh, Junior. You're gonna break your old man's heart," Tony cracked, watching the scene warily from behind his mask. He saw the twins' eyes go straight to Marlene's.

Marlene could hear Wanda begging Marlene to be with them in her head, as if she was sending the thoughts over. Pietro closed his fist tightly, as if it would help the worry he felt as he stared at the blue eyes of Marlene. They watched as she fell slowly, eyes going back to the grey they loved.

"If I have to," Ultron responded, his own eyes noticing the connection between his twins and Marlene.

Thor stepped forward in front of Marlene protectively when he saw the robot's eyes on her. "We don't have to break anything."

"Clearly you've never made an omelet."

Tony turned to face Marlene as he scoffed. "He beat me by one second."

Pietro stepped forward, anger clouding his thoughts as he was this close to Tony Stark. "Ah, this is funny, Mr. Stark. It's what, comfortable? Like old times?" he gestured to the bombs below.

"This was never my life."

"Pietro," Marlene whispered brokenly. "Wanda, please."

Steve noticed the twins' hesitation. "You two can still walk away from this."

As if his words triggered their minds, Wanda sneered back mockingly, "Oh, we will."

"I know you've suffered—"

Ultron cut Steve off. "Uuughh! Captain America. God's righteous man, pretending you could live without a war. I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but—"

"If you believe in peace, then let us keep it," Thor demanded.

"I think you're confusing peace with quiet."

"Yuh-huh. What's the Vibranium for?" Tony asked, trying to stall.

Ultron caught on. "I'm glad you asked that, because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan!" Suddenly, more Iron Legions began to attack the Avengers. Tony went for Ultron himself as the twins took off to fight Thor, Steve, and Marlene. Between the fighting, the men who worked there began shooting at them as well.