✮ 𝟎𝟎𝟓 ✮

closing the portal

AS the Avengers circled up, Marlene felt a sense of familiarity with them. She smiled softly at Thor when he turned her way, and each person waited for command. "Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna focus on containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or your turn it to ash."

Clint looked at Iron Man, "Wanna give me a lift?"

Tony flew behind him. "Right. Better clench up, Legolas."

The pair disappeared in the sky as Marlene waited for her position. "Thor, you've gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You've got the lightning. Light the bastards up." Thor used his hammer to fly up. Steve smiled softly at the witch next to him. "You find Loki. Get the scepter if you can. You are made from his scepter, so you need to get it."

Marlene nodded, taking off to look for Loki. On her way around the city, she took out creatures around her, but she was not prepared for one to shoot its energy rifle her way. She was shot through a window into the nearest building, and she let out a loud groan as her face was cut up.

"Shit," she mumbled, eyes glowing brighter than she had ever felt.

"Are you all right?" Steve called worriedly.

"Yep. Yep," she murmured, trying to wipe the blood from her face.

"Are you sure?" Steve asked again, but his voice morphed into anothers. She suddenly could hear Aaron's voice. "Marlene? Sestra, are you okay? Wanda, did you feel that?"

Steve's voice cut back in. "MARLENE?"

Marlene gasped out loud, turning and sending a blast at the alien coming after her. "I'm fine! I'm fine," she called back. Flying out of the building, she kept her eyes peeled for Loki.

"Captain, none of this is gonna mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal," Natasha stated.

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it," Steve said. "Marlene, you couldn't close it, could you?"

Marlene looked up. "N-No. I wouldn't know how. The Tesseract is foreign to me."

"Well, maybe it's not about guns," Natasha said. "Marlene, meet me at Stark Tower."

Marlene flew through the streets, dodging the aliens. Only a few managed to hit her, but she had the pleasure to send them on their asses down below. Once she caught Natasha riding on the chariot of a creature, she saw Loki following her with the scepter in hand.

"Captain, the bank on 42nd past Madison, they caught a lot of civilians there," Clint said.

"I'm on it," Steve responded.

"Elsa, watch Prince of Plenty behind you and Romanoff," Tony called. She turned, sending a blast to him, but he sent one right back with the scepter. The two blasts connected, and Marlene had to put all of her energy—putting her hands together to fight against him.

"Nat, what are you doing?" Clint called as he finally caught sight of Natasha on the chariot and Marlene fighting Loki.

"Uh... a little help!" Natasha called.

"I've got him," Clint said, firing an arrow Loki's way. Loki dropped the connection, dodging the charged blast as he turned to catch the arrow. Before Marlene could send another round, the arrow blew up in Loki's hand, causing him to be thrown onto the nearest building—Stark Tower.