✮ 𝟎𝟕𝟏 ✮

when harry turned four

BUCKY grinned as Harry rambled about some television show he watched at Tony and Pepper's home. The small little replica of Steve never stopped talking, but the Winter Soldier did not mind so much. These were times he savored since he finally was allowed to breathe after seventy years of constant battles.

Marlene walked into the living room of their home with wide eyes as she saw Bucky holding Harry by his foot with his metal arm as the kid only laughed and yelled for Bucky to go higher. Crossing her arms over her chest, she smirked and leaned on the side of the doorframe, feeling a chest press against her back.

"He's great with him," Steve murmured.

"He's going to drop him and give him a concussion," Marlene said instead, feeling Steve's arm wrap around her waist. "Don't think this will stop me from calling him out."

"Leave him be. I've never seen his smile that big since the '40s," Steve mumbled in her hair as he kissed her once.

Marlene laughed slightly when Bucky turned to face them—his eyes widening as he tossed Harry in the air and caught him right side up. "Sorry," Bucky apologized with a sheepish grin. "He likes it."

"I know, but—"

"It's fine. Just don't drop him," Marlene said, cutting off Steve. "Sam called."

Bucky rolled his eyes. "Okay?"

"It's been a few months since The Blip ended," Steve told him, moving around Marlene to take Harry from his arms. "Sam has something you might be interested in helping out with."

Bucky frowned. "Tomorrow," he told them as a small smile made its way onto his face. "Today, we are celebrating this little idiot."

Harry pouted. "Hey!"

Bucky ruffled Harry's hair as he said, "Only turn four once. And, I'm here for this birthday, which makes it even better."

Marlene chuckled softly. "We'll have a full house in a little while. Sam included. Don't blow him off, James," she told him with narrowed eyes. "And clean up this mess before the guests arrive."

Bucky rolled his eyes with a smirk. "Just wave your hands and make it go away, Marls."

Marlene bit back a smile as Harry clapped his hands. "Yeah, Mom! Do the magic!"

Marlene sighed a bit, and Steve shook his head. "You know your Mom doesn't like to do magic unless necessary, Hare-Bear."

Marlene smiled softly before she rose her hands, allowing the colorful wisps of energy to fall from her fingertips. As her eyes glowed brightly, Bucky smirked and nudged Steve. "She doesn't?"

Steve grinned as Marlene's hands moved rapidly to clean the mess of a living room. She finished it in a few seconds before sending a few sparks around the three men next to her. Bucky scoffed, trying to punch the spark away. Harry only clapped and squealed excitedly. Steve gave her a look, and she smiled as she let her magic die out.

"Buck? Be a dear and get Harry dressed," Marlene told the soldier as Steve handed Harry back to Bucky. She grabbed Steve's hand and led him to the kitchen with a smirk on her face as the radio was left on music Steve and Bucky enjoyed—which, of course, meant Marlene and Harry enjoyed as well. "We have to entertain a lot of guests today."

Steve pulled her to his chest as they swayed to the music. He kissed her forehead. "We'll do fine. It's only like a dozen people."

"A dozen," Marlene scoffed with a smile on her face as she let her eyes fall closed.