✮ 𝟎𝟑𝟕 ✮

guardians of the galaxy

WHEN the group appeared back on the ship, Peter walked straight to Marlene. He saw her eyes glowing faintly before she blinked and it disappeared. Marlene noticed another woman following the group.

"Who is that?" the blue woman asked.

"None of your business," Gamora stated as she shoved the woman down below a level of the ship.

"Is it because you do not know either?"

"I do know, Nebula. You just don't need to know."

Marlene rose a brow at Peter, gesturing to the two women. Rocket began to pilot the ship as Drax stood nearby with Groot on his shoulder. Peter laughed awkwardly. "Sisters."

"Ah," Marlene breathed out before standing to hug him again. "When I landed on Terra, a very horrible group of people wiped all of my memories."

"What?" Peter exclaimed. "The hell do you mean?"

"I mean, I had no memories," she deadpanned as she pulled away. "Sakaar. Yondu. You. The twins I met..." she trailed off, heart clenching as she thought of Pietro. "When I made it out of there, I found a group of individuals who took me in as their own. They are called the Avengers."

She realized everyone was listening as Gamora had reappeared. Laughing timidly, she scratched the back of her neck. "They are something of protectors on Earth. I was a part of it. Uh... Tony Stark and Bruce Banner helped get my memories back. After everything that just happened on Terra," she laughed again, this time mockingly, "I left with Thor back to Asgard before coming to find you. I-I need you to be honest with me, Peter."

"I always am," Peter scoffed.

"Where did you leave the Mind Stone after I left?"

Gamora's eyes widened as she hit Peter's arm. Peter exclaimed angrily from being hit as Gamora shouted. You had the Mind Stone!? You've dealt with two Infinity Stones!?"

"Two?"

"Had a run in with the Power Stone a year ago," Peter admitted before scratching his neck. "I sold the orb to someone I thought would keep it safe. Why? What happened to it?"

"Oh, just an alien invasion on Terra along with a robot army... the Mind Stone at the center of all of it. Now, the Vision has it in his head, so I'll never be able to hold it again," Marlene ranted as she ran a hand through her hair. "You sold it!? Jesus, Peter!"

Peter frowned. "I thought it'd be safe!"

"Safe!? You sold my stone to make a quick buck!" she exclaimed.

Peter shook his head. "Nuh uh! Nope! I sold it for a cheap buck because I knew the guy would keep it safe! Hardly made anything out of it!"

"Yeah, well, look how that turned out!"

"Who sent the invasion?" Gamora asked softly, trying to stop the pair from arguing.

"Thor's brother Loki, why?" Marlene asked as Gamora's eyes widened. "Gamora, why?"

"Because it wasn't Loki's idea. It was my father's."