✮ 𝟎𝟓𝟏 ✮

getting the hell off of sakaar

AS much as she would love to say the awkward tension waiting for Loki to turn off the alarms was something to be amused about, it was most certainly not. She wished she was given the task to go help with the revolution, but Bruce and Valkyrie thought it best that Marlene went with Thor and Loki in case Loki betrayed them. Reading Thor's thoughts, he believed Loki would as well, which is why she gave him the remote for the device in case he needed to use it. Marlene tapped her foot quietly as she backed up slightly from the two intimidating brothers.

"Hey, so, listen. We should talk," Thor finally said as Marlene closed her eyes and wished she was anywhere but near the family who had too many problems to count.

"I disagree," Loki said quickly as he pressed a few buttons on the pad next to the doorway. "Open communication was never our family's forte."

"You have no idea. Been quite the revelation since we last spoke," Thor said as the brothers picked up guns and both prepared to shoot the guards. It was Loki's idea to not allow Marlene to use her powers since the Grandmaster already knew she was around. He proposed the Grandmaster could feel her energy since he was the one who created her so long ago. "Hello!" Thor said to the guards.

"Hi," Loki added as the pair took down the guards easily. There was a large statue of the Grandmaster, and Marlene made it a point to wave her hand to destroy it, smirking when the two brothers looked at her oddly. "Odin brought us together. It's almost poetic that his death should split us apart," Loki said as they shot the rest of the guards in that room. As he made it to the next keypad, he added, "We might as well be strangers now. Two sons of the crown, set adrift." When the door opened, an alien guard pointed his gun at Loki, causing the man to let out a huff of air before Thor easily took him out.

"Thought you didn't wanna talk about it," Thor said as he and Marlene jumped into the elevator.

Loki rose a finger as he stepped over the guard into the elevator following. With Marlene awkwardly in the middle, Loki said, "Here's the thing. I'm probably better off staying here on Sakaar."

"That's exactly what I was thinking," Thor said.

"Did you just agree with me?" Loki asked, actually astonished.

Thor laughed. "Come on, this place is perfect for you. It's savage, chaotic, lawless... Brother, you're gonna do great here."

"Do you truly think so little of me?" Loki sneered.

"Loki, l thought the world of you," Thor said softly as Loki's demeanor changed. "I thought we were gonna fight side by side forever. But at the end of the day, you're you and I'm me. I don't know, maybe there's still good in you. But let's be honest, our paths diverged a long time ago."

"Yeah. It's probably for the best that we never see each other again," Loki said, almost looking disappointed.

"That's what you always wanted," Thor said before reaching across Marlene to pat him on the back.

Marlene sighed. "Wow, I wish I could've gone with Bruce," she said seriously.

"C'mon," Loki teased, nudging her side, "you know you've always held a soft spot for me. I've read your thoughts before."

"Don't test me," Marlene threatened. "I'm still angry about New York."

"It was years ago. Get over it," Loki stressed.

"Once I'm safely back on Earth, I just might," Marlene said before realizing they were nearing their floor. "All right. Plan?"

Thor grew excited. "Hey, let's do Get Help."