✮ 𝟎𝟑𝟓 ✮

leaving terra for now

NO one besides Wanda had heard Marlene say a word in two days. As everything ended and the Avengers were set to make statements regarding the Sokovian Robot Attack, Marlene did not even budge to help them. The Hulk was gone, the jet he took still in stealth mode when he attacked Ultron. Natasha was worried out of her mind, but it did not compare to the worry Steve and Tony felt for the witch who held a place in their hearts.

Wanda was doing better than Marlene, which was surprising considering she was his twin. She knew she had to move on no matter how much pain she felt, and she had Vision. Vision completely adored Wanda, and he never let her feel less than wanted and loved.

Knocking on Marlene's door, Thor opened it knowing she would not do it otherwise. She had been ignoring them. "Lady Marlene," Thor called softly as he saw her on her windowseat as she had been every day. "I wish to speak to you. I do need you to speak back."

Marlene's eyes finally went to his. He smiled.

"I am sorry about your brother," he said firstly. She looked away, and he apologized, "I'm sorry. I know that's the last thing you want to hear. Let me start over... that's what I should do, right? Lady Wanda said to not mention Pietro. Shit! I'm sorry. Uh... so I need to begin again, again—"

"I want to come with you," Marlene's raspy voice broke through his rant.

His eyes matched to her gaze set to him with determination etched on her face.

"What?"

"To Asgard. I want to help with your search for the Infinity Stones. Someone is pulling us like puppets on a string. Loki's attack... it wasn't him who had the idea. I'm coming with you," she said with no debate. "There is nothing for me here since the world thinks I'm a crazy witch after that video was released. I want to be of use." The video was from a Sokovian who was on the lifeboat she almost destroyed.

Thor laughed awkwardly. "I-I don't think I can do that."

"And why can't you? You're a prince, are you not?" Marlene asked skeptically.

"Well, you see. I'm not worried for the Asgardians," Thor admitted. "Steve and Tony will not let you go."

"Since when does it matter what they think?" Marlene asked heatedly. "I want to come to Asgard with you, Thor. Are you going to deny me this?"

Thor opened his mouth to respond before he shut it. He looked lost for words. He stood finally, placing the hammer he had with him down on the floor. There was a reason he brought it into the bedroom.

"Pick it up," Thor stated finally, gesturing toward the hammer.

Marlene eyed him oddly. "Why?"

"Lady Marlene, please, just do it."

Marlene moved from the bed, uncrossing her legs as she stood shakily. Reaching down, she let her fingers grip the handle. Thor watched even though he already knew the answer to the unspoken question. He had seen her do it in Sokovia, after all.

Marlene lifted her hand, the hammer following. Thor smiled at her as she stared down at it. Flipping it once midair, she tightened her knuckles around it. "Why did you want me to do this?"

"To prove a point," Thor began. "You are worthy. Not just because of this silly weapon. You are worthy in this life, no matter how long it has been and how long it will be. No matter how much you have faced, won, and lost. You are worthy, Marlene Maximoff. Your brother knew of it. Steve knows it. Stark. Myself," he paused as he watched her eyes begin to pool with tears. "You have lost someone very important to you, but that does not mean you shall lose yourself. You're a wonderful person, Lady Marlene."