Uzumaki Seal

In this story, Naruto has red hair.

Konoha was in sorrow at the recent death of their hero, and probably their strongest Hokage.
The most intense screams were heard in a room where a newborn baby's cries were forceful.

Konoha's Secret Room

"It's almost as though he's realized he's lost both of his parents."
"Says a tall guy with spiky white hair.

Only a couple of Konoha's shinobi were there in the room with the newborn infant boy to talk.

"Yes, we lost many fine shinobi today, citizens are still scared for their lives, and much of the country is on fire, but on top of it all, we lost Kushina Uzumaki, our Fourth Hokage and the final successor of the Uzumaki Clan. Worst of all, this youngster will have no notion what they look like "The second voice was that of an old guy in his late forties.

"What do you think we should do, Jiraiya-san, as this boy's godfather?"
Asked the elder gentleman.

Jiraiya started speaking in a low, regretful tone "I'm not certain, sensei. I'm sure Minato would want me to keep an eye on the kid, but I'm not sure what I'd be able to do since I have a lot of travel scheduled. What the village will do next is the real question. Minato died without a surviving heir."

As they waited for the former Hokage to speak, both men in the room went quiet.

"I shall assume the title of Hokage once again until I find a competent substitute to manage the village," Sarutobi remarked as he closed his eyes.

"Jiraiya, I have an assignment for you," he said to Jiraiya, a former pupil and one of his most devoted ninjas. He remarked that

"Sarutobi-sensei, what is this assignment you've given to me?" He asked, but his attention was pulled to the sobbing infant.

"I want you to utilize your spy network to fool the other villages so that we can repair our ninja squads and restore Konoha's defenses," Sarutobi said.

Jiraiya told the elderly kage, "I had no intention of employing my surveillance network for that reason, but it looks that I'm out of options. By the way, Sarutobi-sensei, you should alter the child's surname from Namikaze to Uzumaki."

Minato had numerous opponents in Iwa, including the Tsuchikage, as well as adversaries in other elements, so the senior Ninja knew what he meant. Few recall the Uzumaki clan, which has long ago slipped into oblivion. To top it all off, the infant 'Naruto' had his mother's red hair.

"I suppose I'll have to nickname the child Uzumaki." The decision was taken by the Hokage.

Jiraiya's eyes were filled with anguish and sorrow as he moved in closer to the infant, who had calmed down.

Naruto gently opened his eyes, which were a deep blue like the sea. Naruto was watching Jiraiya with bated breath.

"Would you look at that, similar eyes, and I believe his hair is already beginning to get spiky like Minato's," Jiraiya stated as she looked down at the kid.

The sage grinned and put his finger to his face. Naruto grinned and tried to move his small hands to his face, but he couldn't.

Sarutobi observed the grief in his eyes, but he also saw love.

"How about the whiskers? Is it due to the fact that he is a Jinchuriki? Kushina didn't have them, but her seal was distinctive, wasn't it?" Jiraiya raised his hand.

"No, those markings existed previous to the sealing, as far as we can ascertain.
So they're merely birthmarks, and if I had to guess, it's because his mother was carrying the Kyuubi when he was born "Hiruzen said.