Uzumaki on The Run

Naruto was crying, he tried to hold his tears,, but he couldn't no matter how hard he tried. Naruto was in front of Konoha's gate about to say goodbye to his godfather, who would leave to chase away the bad people. Hokage-Jiji was standing close to him.

Jiraiya had a sad face looking down at his grandson in all but blood. He slowly kneeled to his level and put his hand on his shoulder. Naruto removed his tears with his hand and looked at his godfather.

"Naruto stops crying, I will be back in no time," Jiraiya said with a grin, trying to ease the pain in both of their hearts. Naruto nodded and swallowed hard not to let more tears fall.

"Remember what I told you. Read and train, and I will be back in no time. And I will teach you how to unlock your chakra and do cool jutsus. Like your father," Jiraiya said, smiling. Naruto looked at his eyes, surprised.

He leaned closer. "Next time we see each other. We're gonna talk about your mother," he promised and his hand fist on his heart. Naruto's frown slowly disappeared, and he smiled at his godfather. Jiraiya trusted Naruto would be able to keep the secret.

"I will read and train as hard as I can. Toad-Jiji. And when I become a shinobi I will bring peace so you won't ever have to leave again," Naruto promised with the fist on his heart.

Jiraiya felt like he saw Minato and Kushina smiling behind Naruto. Their hands-on his shoulders.

I have no doubt Naruto Jiraiya thought and hugged him, and Naruto hugged him back.

They slowly pulled away, and Jiraiya got up and looked at his sensei.

"Take care of him," he said, and the old Hokage nodded his head.

Jiraiya waved his hand at Naruto, and so did Naruto.

"Bye Toad-Jiji", Naruto yelled at the top of his lungs as Jiraiya shunsin away from the gate.

The old Hokage expected Naruto to cry again, but instead, he was smiling.

He saw Naruto murmuring something under his breath.

"Time to read. Old man Hokage," Naruto said and turned to walk away. The old Hokage smiled at the young boy. He did not doubt that Naruto would become a great shinobi in the future. He turned to look at Naruto and saw what Hashirama-sensei and Tobirama-sensei always talked about.

The Will of Fire is strong within you, Naruto.

He soon returned to the orphanage; much to his displeasure, he reached his room and didn't bother to look at the word 'Demon' written in front of his door. Naruto hadn't asked his godfather why people treated him and hated him. Hokage-Jiji would always change the subject.

Naruto thought to maybe ask his godfather next time he sees him. Not having toad-Jiji here made the whole room feel colder. He looked at the frog wallet his godfather gave him today before he left. Naruto glanced down at the shirt the kind Uchiha lady had given him. It was a black shirt with a symbol of fire in the back.

He wore a second shirt since he felt cold. He went to the book about Fuinjutsu. He had finished the books about chakra, how it worked and other things. The book for Taijutsu, but that book wasn't that necessary to read since the essential part of Taijutsu was to train outside rather than read about different types.

In the book for clans of Konoha and clans outside Konoha, Naruto read about Senju, Uchiha, Nara, Yamanaka, Nara, Akimichi and many other clans.

He looked at the title. The Art of Fuinjutsu Level 1.

He opened the book on the first page, and his eyes went to the author's name.

Utari Uzumaki