A Cursed Uzumaki

Year 79 AOSH (Age of Shinobi)

'Uzushiogakure no Sato is...was a village that was world-renowned for their fuinjutsu. So renowned in fact that its famous reputation led to the destruction of the village out of fear during the Third Shinobi World War. Three villages took part in a campaign against the residing shinobi, the Uzumaki. The Uzumaki clan were fierce but noble warriors ranging from honorable samurai to shinobi and kunoichi, respectively. While the village did not have a large military per say, what they lacked in numbers they made up for in skill and sheer tenacity. After all, quality triumphs quantity; at least, that is what the people of Uzushiogakure believed in.

However, the unthinkable happened when three mighty nations stood at the doorsteps of the small but significant village of Uzu. Their armies were vast and very intimidating. The Uzumaki, however, were steadfast. Their resolve was steeled. They were ready to lay their lives down to protect what they believed in. Many have heard of the village Konohagakure no Sato and their 'will of fire.' But that saying was soon to be overshadowed by Uzushiogakure's 'Will of Life.' The enemy, Iwagakure, kumogakure, kirigakure, and A Fourth unknown party, stood stationary as the Uzu warriors stood upon the walls of their village overlooking their advisory. The roaring whirlpools were almost deafening in the face of silence between the three massive armies. The calming misty ocean breeze swept across the mighty force tickling their necks, almost as if a temptation, a calling, an invitation to death. Heavy dark clouds hovered overhead, a disadvantage that left them open to Kumo and Kiri's long-range jutsu.

A large boom of thunder echoed throughout the lands of Uzu, which was soon followed by a bright flash and then a crackle of lighting. An exploding roar erupted from the mass of all three armies. They burst forwards, intent on destroying their foes for their masters. This day would be forever marked down in history as 'The Great Loss.' They would soon realize that the Uzumaki were not simply trifled with.

"Uzukage-sama!" bellowed a deep yet powerful voice. A handsome young man, no older than sixteen, stood at an average height of five feet and nine inches. His blood-red hair was tied in a ponytail with his bangs covering the left side of his face, while two long strips of hair flowed straight down both sides of his chiseled frame. He wore a simple dark black loose Kimono with light blue highlights. On his hip sat two well-crafted swords, a katana, as well as a Wakizashi.

Both of which had their hilts wrapped in elegantly crafted purple and white material. His name is Uzumaki Nozomi, an Elite Anbu Phoenix captain with incredible skill in all aspects of the shinobi arts. Standing at attention behind his leader, the Uzukage, or as most knew him, Ashina Uzumaki. Most would mistake him for a simple old man, 139 years old. However, this is not the case. The way he moved and held himself spoke waves of power, discipline, and respect. He carried the legendary Katana.

'Dark Blood' was known throughout the whole world as the most powerful sword to exist, used by the Sage of Six Paths himself, The God of Shinobi.

"Report," the Uzukage, Ashina Uzumaki, said in an even yet serious tone.

"Hai. It seems the enemy has an advantage over us in both numbers and the elements. They're attacking from four sides. And have our village surrounded. The estimated time for arrival is imminent. The enemy has delayed our request for reinforcements from our allies. All teams sent out to scout possible weak points in the enemy's location, and possible tactics have yet to return, meaning they're most likely KIA. It seems we are on our own this day, Uzukage-sama," Nozomi reported in a grim voice, and a harsh response was given. The older man let out a weary sigh as he knew what would soon unfold. Looking over his shoulder, he saw men and women prepared to die for their beliefs, for their country...but above all for each other.