A Song For The Lost

Naruto

The moon shines the Sea, the surface of the water, dancing close to the land, small waves hitting the shore; despite being night, Naruto could see everything around him. His legs were shaking, his knee felt weak and numb, he felt tired, but most importantly, he reached Uzushiogakure.

Naruto saw little grabs, running away from him, using the sand around to cover themselves until one couldn't notice that a small animal was hiding there. The scent of the Sea was strong all around him, and it smelled like salt. And a little like... eggs?! Naruto didn't know why that smell was around him, but he didn't bother with it. The wind flew around and hit his face, his long red hair dancing with the wind. The moon makes it shine and look like a ruby.

A few burned houses were nearby, Naruto could tell from the dark wood left from the fire, a few had bones around the courtyard, half-rotten clothes stuck to them. Naruto knew he was on the south side of the Island. The main entry to Uzushiogakure was through the east, an ocean opening that led the ships to the centre of the Village.

It was called the Sea's pass, which led ships from Uzushiogakure to reach the open Sea. The opening stopped in the centre of the Village, and the Village had been built around the opening, making it easier to hunt for fish, having more accessible access to the ocean's water. Naruto remembers from his dream that the Uzushiogakure main Village was around the end of the opening. Sea's pass stopped in the centre of the Island, where Roku had started building the Village.

The end of the Sea's pass where Ships docked and gave supplies or took supplies was called, DeepWater. Naruto didn't know why but figured must be a reason for it. DeepWater was rich with different sea animals; Uzushiogakure had grown their food, various vegetables, fruits, and other necessary items for a simple life.

Naruto had wondered if they earned money through other means, perhaps a mine with different minerals like gold or silver, or maybe just through selling supplies and accepting jobs for Ninja as the other villages did.

Naruto escaped his thoughts when he started walking around the shore; this town was a bit far from the main Village; this place was probably used by fishermen who didn't like to live in the Village. The houses were still there of whoever lived here, but no one was alive except the animals and plants.

Naruto felt the seawater wetting his black shinobi sandals; taking a deep breath, he felt dread. He couldn't stop this feeling inside him, the place felt like calling him, but at the same, he didn't feel prepared to see his homeland... destroyed. To see everything Roku had built destroyed, the place where his mother had been raised, burned to ash, and be forgotten.

"Naruto, I'm here with you; you're not alone", Kurama suddenly said, feeling the dread and even a hint of guilt and anger in his body.

Naruto managed a small smile and mentally thanked Kurama for being there for him; the young Uzumaki half hoped that Roku would be here along with him. Closing his hands to a fist, he took a deep breath, feeling the fresh air in his lungs; the smell of mint and eggs was strong, and he wondered where the smell came from.

Deciding to ignore it he jumped through the beach, running as fast as he could, soon he reached a forest, Naruto kept jumping from tree to tree, he noticed different animals looking at him, perhaps surprised, but he didn't stop to see them closely.

He kept jumping, and the feeling was getting stronger with every step he took; his seal started glowing red and spread from his stomach around his chest and slowly spreading through his right arm; Naruto stopped moving and saw red lines slowly reaching the seal Roku had put in his wrist.