A Traitor

Naruto

He walked outside and soon saw his friends waiting for him, his Ninja Emblem tightened in his forehead. Shikamaru had his forehead protector tightened to his right arm just above the elbow.

Hinata had hers around her neck, and she slightly blushed when she saw Naruto walking outside.

Ino had her forehead protector around her waist, her right arm covered in bandages.

"Oj Naruto, Congratulations" Shikamaru was the first to congratulate him.

"Thank you Shikamaru, Congratulations to you all as well", he replied, smiling with a kind tone. Choji and the others said their part, and Naruto turned to see Sasuke, Sakura, and Kiba missing.

Shikamaru noticed him looking around. "Sasuke left soon after he got his emblem, Sakura followed him like usual, and Kiba said that his mother promised him to teach him a new jutsu if he passed", the pineapple head replied and yawing, already tired and finding the whole thing troublesome.

"Hey Naruto, we are going to barbecue. Do you wish to come?" Choji asked; Naruto saw the others nodding their heads except Hinata.

"Of course, sounds fun", he replied and turned to Hinata, hoping to help her with her shyness and courage.

"Hinata, do you wish to come?" He asked, smiling. Everyone's eyes turned to the Hyuga Heiress, who blushed; her face looked like a tomato, and she took a step back and started playing with her fingers.

"O-oh-you w-want m-m-me to co-me with you N-Naruto-Kun?" She asked, avoiding his face and mostly his eyes. She felt her heart beating faster than before, and she couldn't believe that Naruto was asking her out.

Naruto wasn't sure how to answer; he didn't see Hinata as a love interest; he saw her as a good friend that could become brave and have it easier to talk to people and become a great Kunoichi and great Head Clan. If he said 'yes, he might give her the wrong idea.

"He's inviting you; why do you ask because you're our friend, and we want you with us," Shino said, noticing Naruto's nervous mood and his mouth opening and closing.

Naruto sighed in relief and made a mental note to thank Shino later.

"Oh", Hinata whispered, slightly disappointed but decided to go with them. It would be an excellent chance to spend time with Naruto-kun.

"I a-accept", Hinata replied, still playing with her fingers. Ino then pointed with a finger towards the entrance.

"Let's go then", she shouted, smiling and walking towards the entrance of the academy. Shikamaru slowly shooked his head and murmured 'Woman' under his breath. Choji kept eating his chips without a care in the world and looking forward to the barbecue.

Shino kept quiet and glanced at Hinata before turning his eyes to the road again.

Hinata was glancing at Naruto, who was talking with Shikamaru about their Shinobi carrier and other similar things like that. She wondered if Naruto would look at her the same way she looks at him. His handsome face and red hair and blue eyes like an ocean made her feel butterflies in her tummy whenever he was close to her.

"Naruto, who do you think will be your sensei?" Shikamaru asked, holding a hand on his pocket and the other behind his head. If he could choose, he would always choose maybe Asuma Sarutobi since he had met the man a few times and played Shogi with him. The man was wise, strong, and didn't look like someone that took the job of Jonin as pointless and time-wasting.

Shikamaru hoped he would be with Choji in his team and Naruto, who would be the assault of the team. But he knew there was never a three men team, and a girl would definitely be in his team. From all the girls in the class, he found the least troublesome to be Ino and Hinata.