A Dream of Home

Ashara Uzumaki

Swing after swing, Fuu was blocking them with her short sword that Lord Shiboku had brought for her to train in Kenjutsu. Her sword had an orange pommel and a dark scabbard with green lines around. The number seven was carved in her scabbard. (In Japanese).

Ashara was wearing a tight red shirt underneath a black shirt. Her kunai holster was tightened around her right leg. Her scabbard of the sword tightened behind her back. She wore bandages on her right forearm and left forearm. Her skin around her hand was slightly irritated and bleeding somewhat from minor cuts around her knuckles and palm. She had bandages around her knee, wearing dark shinobi sandals.

Ashara dodged her attack and swung at her head but stopped before it hit her, her blade close to her neck. Fuu smiled warmly and put her small sword back in its scabbard, which was tightened to her hips.

"You did good, Fuu", Ashara complimented, slightly sweating from her forehead, while Fuu didn't look that tired. She looked normal like always; perhaps it was because of Chomei, Asha didn't really know, but it didn't matter. It had been six hours since they started sparring. And eventually, Asha got tired, and she liked the most to train in Fuinjutsu and Kenjutsu.

Ashara was about to return to the treehouse and rest and then train in her Fuinjutsu when Fuu's orange eyes looked over her shoulder.
"Come out; I know you're there", Fuu shouted, but much to Ashara's surprise, her friend didn't look tense, and her hands were resting on her hips and not going to her pommel.

Ashara turned around in time to see a boy around her age slowly walk out from behind the tree, but what immediately caught her attention was his long red hair, and the chakra he was leaking was way too similar to hers. It reminded her of her father's hair in a way.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to spy. I just felt your chakra and wanted to check it out," the boy explained and pointed the finger at Fuu. Ashara was about to ask what was his name and possibly last name, but Fuu beat her to it.

"Is alright, number nine, we're friends here", Fuu replied, smiling with a cute smile and her hands resting behind her head. Asha's eyes widened at the name Fuu called her, and she understood this one here was the Jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi but wondered why he was even here. It is not usually that Villages leave their Jinchuuriki to leave the village, and this boy was far away from Konoha.

The boy smiled and walked closer; his hands looked relaxed, almost like he was talking to a friend, and he didn't have to think anything wrong would happen.

Asha noticed it and decided to relax. "So she told you, furball inside me wants to say Hi to you too Number Seven", the boy replied, smiling and walking closer.

"Oh, That's good coming from him. But can I know your name, friend?" Fuu asked, walking beside Asha, who still was quiet the whole time.

Fuu was pleased to see a former Jinchuuriki but what caught her attention is that Chomei had told her that from all nine Tailed Beasts, Kyuubi and Ichibi were the cockiest ones and the ones that hated humans the most. And the way her new friend was talking, as if he knew Kyuubi very well, almost like talking about a friend.

Naruto, on the other hand, was slightly more interested in the Uzumaki girl next to him. As far as he knew, she was family to him.

"Oh right, my name is Naruto Uzumaki" he introduced himself with an open hand on his chest. Ashara's eyes widened at his last name; He's an Uzumaki!! I'm not alone! I knew I wasn't the only Uzumaki, Databane, Asha thought to herself, her smile spread on her face, even her eyes were smiling. Fuu was just as surprised and was about to introduce herself and Asha.