Preliminary

Sasuke

Opening his eyes, he heard someone banging on the door, looking around, he saw he was still alone in the room, getting in a sitting position on the couch, he grabbed his blue shirt from the head of the chair near the bed, soon he wore his clothes before he stood up and walked over to the door.

Opening it, he raised an eyebrow at the sudden and unusual early visit of his sensei...

"Yoo, can I walk in?" Kakashi-sensei asked with a carefree attitude; Sasuke spoke nothing but stepped aside to let him in.

Kakashi stopped leaning against the door's framing, walking inside; his visible eye checked the room. To his surprise, he saw a book about medicine lying on the chair near the bed, and he looked at the title.

"How to Heal a Wound," Kakashi read the title with a hushed tone before turning to look at Sasuke, who was leaning against the closed door, his arms crossed and waiting for him to explain.

"I wanted to come and congratulate my team for passing the second Exam but looking at the condition of Sakura and Naruto," Kakashi started and noticed how Sasuke's ears perked up at the mention of his teammates, but yet he spoke nothing and gave him an uncaring look.

"So what? I just hope they are awake for the third exam," Sasuke said, with an uncaring tone; Kakashi noted his eyes were looking anywhere but to him.

Kakashi understood Sasuke thought that he would need his teammates well and able to function for the third exam, thankfully that wasn't the case.

"If it makes you feel any better, you don't need your teammate to start the third exam," Kakashi spoke, paying extra attention to his reaction, he expected perhaps a sigh of relief, but Sasuke looked tenser.

"Sakura is better now; her legs are saved," Kakashi spoke and saw the way his neck immediately twitched towards him. Kakashi half wondered how his neck didn't snap, as his eyes were widened before turning back to normal.

"Her legs are saved? What do you mean?" Sasuke with a calm tone.

"Her legs were infected, the smell was terrible, but the staff here healed the infection before it could potentially force them to cut off her legs to save her," Kakashi said.

Sasuke's eyes widened once again before he slightly lowered his head, shame, is he feeling shame? Kakashi asked himself out loud.

Silence took over them as Sasuke grabbed his right wrist with his left hand before looking up at Kakashi-sensei again.

"What about Naruto?" Sasuke asked with a dreadful tone, and he knew the enemy he faced was a Sannin; someone like him should never be underestimated.

Kakashi sighed, not exactly knowing how to answer.

"We don't know, at least the staff of medical Shinobi don't know what to make of it, he is suffering a high fever, the doctors guessed that must be poison, but checking his body, there was no trace of poison anywhere, so far he's not better," Kakashi spoke, holding back the terrifying thought of losing Naruto.

Tsunade arrived yesterday to check on him, but even she couldn't do anything; she said she healed his wounds, but the fever wasn't going away. When she forcefully opened his eyelid, his sclera was red like blood, Tsunade had almost a heart attack.

A red sclera usually meant he had internal bleeding, usually from his brain, but doing a double-check, there was no bleeding whatsoever.

Right now, Tsunade said all they could do right now was hope he would survive.

Kakashi saw that Sasuke looked messed up by the news; he might try to hide behind an indifferent mask, but knew he was worried for his teammates.

"If you want, you can visit them if you want," Kakashi suggested walking closer to him.