Naruto Bridge

Naruto

The vision changed again, but Roku and Naruto stood in darkness; Naruto could feel water below his feet, almost like standing in a dark sea. It was the same view he had when he entered his mindscape; everything was dark, except no sewers.

He looked around but couldn't see anyone around him, and his eyes turned to look at Roku, who was silent.

"Why are we here?" Naruto asked, confused, thinking he would show him more of his memories, but almost like he could read his mind. Roku shook his head in denial.

"Is time for you to return, Young Uzumaki; more shall be revealed later, but enough is for now", Roku stated with a painful look on his face.

Naruto looked shocked; he wanted to see more of his clan's history. The books he had read didn't mention anything about the Uzumaki throughout the years. Most of all, Naruto wanted to know how exactly Kumo, Kiri and Iwa were able to defeat his homeland.

The redhead knew better than to underestimate three large villages like them, especially Kumo; Konoha might be known as the strongest Village thanks to the reputation of Hashirama, Tobirama, Sarutobi in his prime and his father. He knew the strength of the kage showed the power of the Village. But Kumo had strong Kages, like the Third Raikage.

A kage was strong, Naruto knew, but none of the Kages right now match Tobirama, Hashirama, Roku and Madara Uchiha.

"You said the strength of Phoenix works differently; how does it Work?" Naruto asked, remembering the strength shown by Ānogan.

"That's true; the reason why it is different is because of the bond we create. The stronger the Will of the Summoner is, the stronger the Phoenix is, and the stronger the bond is, the better," Roku stated.

Naruto nodded in understanding and wondered how strong a Phoenix could be. He wasn't able to feel it when he saw it, but he Knew when Roku summoned Ānogan, he was stronger than four tails. Naruto knew the amount of strength he had when he tried to control the four tails of Kurama, and he was sure Ānogan had surpassed that strength.

"Roku-sama, do you know who might have been the one to have been Kage of Uzushiogakure when The three villages attacked?" Naruto asked respectfully.

Roku narrowed his eyes slightly before turning back to normal, almost like he remembered something he didn't want to.

After a few seconds of silence, Roku spoke. "I don't know; the clan was thriving when the attack happened. I saw no reason to interfere, and despite what you might think. I didn't know everything that happened. I was just an advisor. The last time Uzumaki Clan needed help was when Morghon Uzumaki, The Dark Phoenix, betrayed our clan," Roku stated, much to Naruto's surprise.

The redhead had never thought, not once, that an Uzumaki could be a traitor; none of the people he knew ever spoke terrible of the Uzumaki clan, so why would this man do that.

"Who's He?" Naruto asked with a hint of anger in his tone.

Roku sighed sadly. "He was the Twin brother of the crown prince Merikyani Uzumaki of Uzushiogakure during the year 300 BNW (Before Ninja War), back then. I was mostly was indifferent; a part of me wanted to split this half from the Seal and die. I saw no reason to stay around. Still, it had been almost a thousand years since I had left this world. I don't know all the details of what happened, but I know where you can find more if you want; the only thing I know of Morghon Uzumaki is that he was jealous of his big brother who would rule Uzushiogakure after their father passed away. Still, you can learn more from his diary," Roku stated, and everything changed again, and now they stood in the library of Uzushiogakure.