Chapter 19

"Where are we going?" George asked when they had gotten into the car. "George, we just got into the car, and you'll see." Clay said and smirked as he handed George his phone and started the car, "You can control the music." George rolled his eyes and typed in the passcode and started playing a song.

'Come a little closer, then you'll see,'

Clay listened to the chorus closely and started to hit his fingers onto the steering wheel to the beat. As the chorus started came to an end George quit humming and started singing along to the song. George had the most angelic voice Clay had ever heard, if you'd ask him. His singing sounded like he was making sure your ears would be satisfied and at the same time he just didn't give a damn about who was listening, Clay could listen to him for eternities if he could.

The song came to an end and another one started playing. George kept singing, thank goodness, Clay thought.

'Oh, she's so bright, I can't believe my eyes, oh, I'm in paradise, show me a heartbreak a thousand times,'

George kept singing through the song and a few others after that, until a song that Clay recognised played and Clay instantly turned the speakers up, making George chuckle. "This is our song, George." Clay said, earning a giggle from George.

'I am leaving, this is starting to feel like it's right before my eyes,'

George giggled as he sung, making Clay smile widely.

'And I can tell just what you want, you don't want to be alone, you don't want to be alone,'

Clay sang and looked at George who smiled widely and laughed. They kept singing until the song came to an end and Clay stopped the car.

"And we have arrived at our destination." Clay announced as he opened his door and walked over to the passengers side and opened it for George, holding out his hand for George to take. George giggled and took Clay's hand and got out of the car. "Where are we?" George asked and looked up at Clay who was still holding his hand. "We are at a book cafe, I think it's called, where you can like, read and eat at the same time?" Clay said with a confused look on his face, "I don't know, but, here we are, welcome to our first official date!"

Clay opened the door for them and they walked up to the front desk to take their orders. "What are you going to get?" Clay asked. George thought for a moment as he examined the options of food and drinks. "Just a hot chocolate and a vanilla muffin. You?" George said and looked up at Clay. "A hot chocolate and a piece of cake, I think." Clay said and looked back down at George. "Good afternoon, what can I get for you?" The cashier asked them. "Two hot chocolates and one vanilla muffin and one piece of after eight cake."
"Okay, anything else?" The cashier asked, writing their order down on a piece of paper next to the computer. "No thank you," Clay said and paid for their food, then found a table near a large bookshelf seating two people.

As Clay heard their his name get called out to get their order, George stood up and walked to the bookshelf and picked out a book that seemed fun. "Oh, my god," Clay said as he put George's mug and dish in front of him. "What?" George asked and began to unwrap the muffin. "The cashier just called me the f-slur." Clay said and took a sip from his own mug. "Why? What happened?" George asked with concern laced in his voice. "She asked for my number and then when I told her that I was on a date with you she said something like: 'Oh, what a waste that someone as attractive as you is just some f...'." Clay said and started wheezing with laughter, George was laughing as well. "What a bitch!" George maneged to squeeze out between laughs.
"I know, right?"

"Anyways, what are you reading?" Clay asked and pointed to the book George had beside his dish. "I actually have no idea, but it's called 'The London eye mystery'." George read the name of the cover and looked back up into Clay's eyes. "Interesting." Clay said and eyed the bookshelf, "Have you read the Harry Potter books?" George looked at Clay like he had just been insulted. "What do you think I am? I'm British, of course I've read them!" George said. Clay chuckled at George's response and put another bit of his cake into his mouth.

"What was your favourite one?" Clay asked. "I think the sixth was my favourite, sixth, seventh or the fourth." George answered and took a sip of his chocolate. Clay nodded. "I have only read the first two, I didn't bother to finish the series, I just watched the movies." Clay said and George gaped at Clay's words. "What! The books are so much better than the movies, I'll just have to finish reading the series to you!" Clay giggled at George's words before nodding. "You'll just have to read them to me." They smiled and finished their food.

______________________________
Word count: 885

I'm kind of tired but idc I also want to keep writing but I feel like I'm going to throw up. I have three fucking massive but useless tests tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday, each day for three hours omg I might just shoot myself. I don't bother to study because I know that this is just to check where everyone in my country stands at in math, Icelandic and English, and it's useless. Anyways I am just stressing myself out, I was holding a concert in my room earlier and singing 505 on the top of my lungs twice because why not. Also with the songs you don't need to listen to them as you're reading I just think it's fun adding them in :P the songs in this chapter were come a little closer by cage the elephant, televised by hunny and what you know by two door cinema club.  I think I'm going to write more until my parents tell me to bring my phone downstairs.
Ty for all the support!!!