Chapter 31

The sun was setting. The brunette still sat on that bench in the middle of nowhere. He pulled his legs up to his chest and took his phone out of the pocket of his pants so it wouldn't fall out of it and put it on the bench beside him.

He rested his chin on top of his knees as he admired the sunset before him. He smiled softly at the sight as his headphones blasted music through his head.

The rain had died down shortly after it started, so everything was quite damp. Suddenly he felt a wave of tiredness hit him like a truck, and since he had gotten so tired, he fell asleep on that bench.

Clay stood up from his desk after hours of playing minecraft. He decided to take a shower since he didn't want any of that gamer smell and grabbed a set of fresh clothes, a speaker and his phone.

He stripped from his previous outfit and before stepping into the pouring hot water before him, he decided to shoot his precious boyfriend a text, just checking on him. He pressed play on one of his playlists but kept the volume down since it was around 11 pm.

He stepped into the shower, closing the class door behind him and feeling the freshening beads of water fall onto his skin.

After he had cleaned himself he stepped out of the shower, shivers blooming around his skin due to the change of temperature. He grabbed a towel and dried himself off, then put on a pair of boxers, black sweatpants and a pink shirt.

He paused the music, turned the speaker off and took it both with him to his room. Checking his notifications he saw that George hadn't texted him back. Clay shrugged it off.

He must just be asleep, Clay thought. He plugged his phone into his charger, set it down on the bedside table and lay down on his bed, falling into a peaceful sleep.

George woke up and analysed his surroundings. "Where the fuck am I?" He muttered as he put his legs back onto the ground. He picked up his phone which sat beside him to check the time.

3:47?! George's eyes opened up in surprise. He stood up and put his phone back into his pocket. His headphones had ran out of battery a while ago so he took the pieces out of his ears and put them into their case.

George took his phone back up and opened snapchat. He swiped twice to the left so he could see his current location. He let out a sigh of relief as he saw that Clay's house was just a few blocks away, and a lot nearer him than his own house.

Before shutting his phone off he noticed a small red circle formed on the right side of his message app and opened it, and not to his surprise, it was from Clay. George pressed on his contact, then called him.

"George," Clay answered, his voice giving him out that he was obviously asleep when George had called, "It's the middle of the night. Is everything alright?" The blonde asked in a serious tone.

George let out a small laugh before answering. "No, I'm fine," he could hear Clay sigh of relief on the other side, "but I fell asleep on a bench in the middle of nowhere and noticed it was near your house," George explained, he heard the blonde hum along.

"So can I come over?" George asked carefully, hoping not to be denied, since his own house was around half an hour away from there. "Yeah, George, no worries! Text me when you're here." Clay said. "No need." George said, "I'm outside."

Clay stood up from his bed, rubbing his eyes tiredly and walked to the front door. He opened up and spotted the small brunette standing awkwardly in front of him.

"Hi..." the brunette said and waved awkwardly. Clay smiled and moved from the middle of the doorway to let George in. "Come in," Clay said. George nodded, stepped inside and took his shoes off.

"Can I have spare clothes? Mine are all wet," George said as he stood in the doorway of Clay's room. Clay nodded and walked to his closet. "Here," Clay threw a pair of boxers, white sweatpants and a large black hoodie.

"Thanks," George held the clothes in his arms and walked into the bathroom, making sure to go into the right room, he didn't really want to walk in on people making out to be honest.

George walked back into the room, seeing Clay struggling to keep himself awake on his bed. George crawled I to the bed next to the blonde and wrapped his arms around him. The blonde lay down on his side, facing George and draped one of his arms around the brunette lazily.

George smiled and kissed the blonde on the nose, earning a small smile from the blonde. Shortly after George could hear the blonde snoring slightly, closed his eyes and fell asleep himself.

Clay's eyes fluttered open, the sun shining into his room through a small crack in his curtains. He yawned and stretched his legs, not daring to remove his arms from around George.

He kissed the brunettes forehead and reached for his phone that was laying on his bedside table, checking the time. "Wait, what?" Clay said and slightly sat up. "George," Clay said as he shook the brunette, trying to wake him up, "George, wake up! We'll be late!" Clay shook George a little bit harder than before.

"Huh?" The brunette said as he fluttered his eyelids open, "Late? Where?" Clay sighed and rolled his eyes, standing up from the bed. "School, idiot!" Clay said as he ripped his shirt from his torso, replacing it with another one.

"Nooo..." George whined and lay onto his back, "Sleep," the brunette said with a demanding tone and pulled the duvet over his head.

"I'm sorry, honey," Clay said and sat beside George on the bed, fully clothed, and removed the duvet from the brunettes face, "We have to go to school." George looked up at the blonde with a pout on his face, giving Clay puppy eyes.

"Not now, princess," the blonde said and put a pile of clothes next to George on the bed, stood up and left the room.

George groaned and sat up, removed his clothes and replaced them with a pair of jeans, a shirt and a hoodie. He threw the other pair of clothes Clay had let him borrow in a hamper that stood in the corner of the room.

"George," Clay said as George walked into the kitchen, "Here, eat." The blonde passed him a dish with a slice of toast on it. "Thank you," George mumbled with his mouth full of food.

"Hurry up, we have ten minutes." Clay warned as he put their dishes away in the sink, "I have an extra pencil for you, since you don't have your stuff." George nodded and followed Clay to the front room.

They put their shoes on and headed out the door, sitting down in Clay's car. The blonde put the key into the keyhole and started the car, instantly exiting his neighbourhood.

___________________________________
Word count: 1218

Long one lol. My dad went out to get my stepmom and I was stuck with my monster of a little brother watching my little sister play handball on a Facebook live ew. My brother is screaming outside of my room rn. Btw George cooking stream tomorrow! I got domino's for dinner and my pizza was cold but hot ew. I have a few new bruises after practice today, that sucks ig.

Thank you for 16k reads wtf!!!