Chapter 29

As George was walking to class he felt something, or rather someone, tug his shirt towards them and felt a hot breath against his neck.

"Do something after school?"

The voice sent shivers down George's spine and the person held their grip onto his shirt. George turned his head around carefully and smiled at the sight of Clay.

He let out a sigh of relief and nodded, sending the taller a salute and speed walked towards the class. The blonde smiled and waved back, the proceeded to turn around and walked the opposite way of the brunette.

To Clay the last two classes went by very slowly. He felt like he was dying out of pure boredom and the teachers were not helping.

"Bro, you're so dramatic!" Nick whispered to him in the middle of maths as Clay lay on his table, occasionally a whine escaped his lips.

"Shut your mouth," Clay said and sat back up normally. Nick nodded and went back to his book trying to solve some equation.

Clay sighed and watched the arms of the clock carefully as each second passed, sprinting out of his seat as the clock striked 2.15 pm.

He approached his car quickly and started it as he waited for the brunette to show up. He shot him a text letting him know that he'd be waiting for him in the car and smiled as he saw that his text had been read.

As he waited he scrolled through his phone until he heard the passengers door open. His head shot up from his phone.

A smile crept onto his lips as he noticed the stunning brunette buckling his seatbelt beside him.

"Hey, cutie," Clay said as he cupped George's jaw and kissed his cheek. George's face tinted with red and the smaller giggled.

"Just, start the car already!" George said, a small laugh following his sentence. Clay smiled and started the car, putting it in drive. "As you wish, princess," Clay said and pulled out of the parking lot.

"Want to control the music?" Clay asked and held his phone out for George to grab. The brunette nodded and took the phone out of the blonde's hand.

"What do you want to listen to?" George asked and looked up at Clay. "I don't care, you choose." The blonde decided and kept his eyes on the road.

George shrugged and typed something onto the search bar, music shortly after filling the almost empty car. The bass made it feel like the car was shaking.

'Road shimmer, wiggling the vision,'

"Heat, heat waves, I'm swimming in a mirror," George sang along as the song went on. Clay bopped his head to the beat and listened carefully fully to the lyrics.

'You can't fight it, you can't breathe,'

'You say something so loving but,'

"This is a good song!" Clay said as the chorus rolled around. George nodded, a smile creeping onto his face. "Where did you find it?" Clay asked, turning the steering wheel, taking a turn onto an unfamiliar street.

"Oh, I found it on tiktok," George answered simply and took up his own phone, typing something on it.

"By the way, I have to be home by 5 pm." George said and looked up from his phone, "Karl's going on a date with Nick and I have to help him."

Clay nodded and let out a small laugh. "Yeah, Nick told me," Clay said smiling, "I guess he needs help as well. So I'll drive you to Karl's house later then?"

"Yes, please," George said and patted Clay's cheek. "No problem," Clay said and put his hand on George's thigh, leaving the brunette blushing like crazy.

"What do you want?" Clay asked George as they walked into a small coffee shop in the outskirts of their town. "I don't know, I've never been here," George said and wrapped one of his arms around Clay's.

"Okay, so," Clay started explaining the menu to the shorter, "And my favourite is probably just the apple muffin and an iced coffee." Clay finished.

"Shouldn't we have a seat?" George asked and looked around the cafe, looking for an empty table. Clay nodded and started dragging George up to a table in the corner.

"How could I help you two today?" The waitress asked. "I'll have two iced coffees, one apple muffin and a slice of chocolate cake." Clay said and looked up from the menu. The waitress nodded, wrote their order down and walked away.

"Here you go!" The waitress said as he put their food on their table. "Thank you," Clay said as George nodded as a 'thank you'.

________________________________
Word count: 775

I went to a school dance(?) yesterday and I just stood in the corner most of the time. I also took a french test on Wednesday and I passed. The big tests I was talking about, I got a b+ on my Icelandic test and the maths and English tests got blown off, pretty glad. Or well, I could have taken them but decided against it. I couldn't watch the love or host yesterday so I'm watching it now. I saw some comments on this the other day that made me realise that I accidentally made dream meet George's dad twice oops. Been overthinking it for the past three days, I do not like my anxiety.

Also, thank you so much 15k reads!!! I really appreciate it!!