10

As the atmosphere in the room became more and more stuffy, Jiang Qiyan couldn’t bear it anymore and wanted to open his mouth to say something, but hesitated, as if he was taking something into consideration.   

Tsk tsk tsk.   

Suddenly there were soft knocking sounds on the door. It was just now that Jiang Qiyan had recovered from his dreams, and had actually stepped forward unconsciously to call the person outside in.   

Yuchi Yun remained calm as she raised an eyebrow, her expression seemed gentle and kind, but on the inside, her heart grew more impatient.   

“Your servant*, Su Yanxi took the liberty to come here. I hope that I did not disrupt Mister’s mood.”
*Not literally Yuchi Yun’s servant, but a way for a young female to refer to herself in a humble manner in front of people of higher standing.   

As the sound of the door being opened was heard, a whiff of a tranquil, refreshing and charming fragrance floated in. That languid and soft, fluttering voice was like an enchanting spirit, seducing people, causing their heart to quiver.     

Su Yanxi?  

That courtesan that refused her before. At this moment, she actually came here out of her own initiative, interesting. Yuchi Yun playfully thought about it, and involuntarily lifted her head to look at the incoming person.      

The woman who had walked in had a bewitching appearance. Her neck was accidentally revealed, the skin was as delicate and fair as beautiful porcelain. Her red lips, as seductive as a rose, slightly curled up. The misty*, pitch-black cat-like eyes twinkled with a chilly yet enchanting shine, like a deep and magical vortex, tempting one to sink into it. Even if their bodies would be torn and their bones crushed, they would still be willing to sink in, unable to free themselves.   
*A special kind of mist, formed out of the essence of the heavens and earth.   

Although she did not want to admit it, Yuchi Yun did indeed stare in awe for a moment. After she snapped out of it, she involuntarily frowned, her expression becoming slightly chiller.      

But when Jiang Qiyan saw Su Yanxi walk in, he unconsciously relaxed. He was slightly moved, his expression showing that he was pleasantly surprised.     

Su Yanxi faintly smiled and seamlessly gave him a comforting glance. Jiang Qiyan’s feelings involuntarily calmed down, his eyes flashed with trust.   

“I wonder Miss Su is here for——?”

Yuchi Yun took in everything in that scene, her fingertips gently tapped on the table, the corners of her mouth showed an enigmatic smile.   

“It’s really embarrassing to say. I sincerely hope that Mister does not take offence.” Su Yanxi said in a tone that was neither servile nor overbearing as her eyes overflowing with light faced the calm and wise black eyes. “Miss Qi Yue is actually a newcomer, so she has not adjusted yet and does not know the rules here. Who would have expected that when the Matron* gave you the roster, she had accidentally taken the wrong one. When she realized it, Miss Qi Yue had already been called in. In order to apologize, the Matron had specially called on Yanxi to ask for your forgiveness, and had also said that she hoped that Mister would be forgiving.” 
*It’s the lady in charge of managing the girls in the brothel, similar to a pimp.      

“This is a flask of bamboo wine that Yanxi had personally brewed. I don’t know if it is to Mister’s taste.”      

Even though she said it like that, the woman had already picked up one of the wine cups from the plate that she was holding. Her porcelain white fingers were playing around with the ceramic wine cup, her black pupils were misty, full of allure, and her languid voice was full of purity and charm, with a hint of casualness. That seductive appearance aroused an itch in one’s heart, it was simply unbearable.