24.2

“You are really strange.” Seeing the woman suddenly stop speaking again, Su Yanxi couldn’t resist pouting and complained. “Feels like I am talking to the air. If you are always so silent, don’t you feel bored?”

Su Ranjing: “……” Sure enough, I still really want to fry this fish, so that she could never speak again.

“You’re injured, did you not even feel it?” Su Yanxi seemed to be completely unaware of the killing intent released by the person in front of her. She suddenly twisted Su Ranjing’s hand, which was hanging by her side, in surprise. “See, your hand is completely covered in blood!”

Su Ranjing, who didn’t expect the little mermaid’s sudden movement, subconsciously stretched her body taut in a split second. It was only after she heard that she had finished talking that she gradually relaxed. Her indifferent expression made it seem as if the injured person was not herself. “Whatever.”

That simple and kind-hearted face truly induces one to vomit. Su Ranjing frowned in disgust, and couldn’t help coldly moving her sight away. 

“That’s true. It doesn’t seem to be serious.” The little mermaid agreed as she nodded her head. Then, she unconsciously turned her head around again, her gaze seemed to carry surprise. She lowered her eyes and studied it in high spirits. “They seemed to have been stabbed by something. You humans are seriously fragile. If it were us mermens, then it wouldn’t be that easy to get hurt!”

When the little mermaid was saying the last few words, her tone turned proud for some reason.

Su Ranjing pulled at the corners of her mouth. She kept feeling that the stupid fish she knows now was different from the one in her memories. Was the idiot in the last life this……strange?

Or was it because she had yet to come into contact with human society? Su Ranjing pondered in her mind: compared to the mermaid who was already used to human life, the stupid fish now was obviously more pleasing.

The little mermaid now was just like a piece of white paper, ignorant of worldly affairs yet carried a near stupid amount of optimism and enthusiasm. It made her have an impulse to recklessly smear gorgeous colors on that piece of pure white paper, then carefully sculpt and mold her.

Thinking like that, in Su Ranjing’s pair of pitch-black eyes that reflected nothing in them, the inky color in them suddenly faded bit by bit as snow would thaw. The soft waves like water at the bottom of her eyes rippled, a clear light gray color emerged.  

Her gaze was deep and focused, yet the depths seemed to contain gentle spring waters. It was as if in the next second, they would reveal an unsupressable tenderness. When one was being looked at with that attentive gaze of hers, one would feel as though they were the only person left in her world, causing one to be enchanted.

The naive little mermaid was naturally unable to bear such a temptation. She subconsciously leaned back a bit. Her face was also unable to suppress her rising temperature till it was scorching hot. Su Yanxi slightly bit her lower lips, her tone was awkward as she talked. “Y-you look at people s-strangely……”

“I am thinking about which one of your questions I should reply to.”

Yet that gorgeous, cold, deep voice carried a gentleness able to erode bones. It made one seemingly hear the magnificent flower buds slowly blooming in the gentle spring breeze. Somehow an illusion of being cherished was suddenly formed.

“Yet whenever I wanted to reply to you, you had already jumped onto the next question. I can’t keep up with your thought process.” When saying the last few words, the mysterious and cold woman suddenly gave a perverse smile to the mermaid blankly looking at her. The last syllables carried a frivolous banter. “Say——what should I do?”