41

Early the next morning, Bai Jieliang waited at the doorway.

Su Yanxi went out with Lu Yi. She revealed a delicate and charming smile at him. Yet that sad graceful gaze from her naturally limpid and faint misty eyes made Bai Jieliang directly wish he could step forward. He wanted to carefully spoil and protect her, so that she would never have to reveal such an expression that made one’s heart ache.

“I made Big Brother Bai wait for too long.” Under his gaze that seemed slightly too open, the young girl dressed in white, like the willow bending in the wind, was somewhat bashful as her cheeks turned bright red. She used her hand to lightly brush her hair, that was messed up by the gentle wind, behind her ears. She lowered her head, revealing a section of her snowy white neck.

Merely a day had passed, so why did he feel that Xi’er was even more beautiful?

Bai Jieliang was the same as a young boy who had just experienced their first love when he looked at that gentle, coy and amorous feeling she revealed in that instant. His heart immediately went “peng peng” as they pounded. It was like she was covered in honey, overflowing with a sweet scent.

“Actually, I did not wait for that long either……”

In front of such a delicate, frail and pampered woman, Bai Jieliang’s heart suddenly felt somewhat at a loss. He subconsciously softened his tone and awkwardly said.

Strange, yesterday this kind of feeling clearly did not appear……

Internally, Bai Jieliang let his imagination run wild, yet externally, he was still as calm as before, befitting his name as the Wulin alliance leader. He held Su Yanxi’s hand as he helped her up the carriage.

Looking at the young girl whose gaze repeatedly drifted to the curtains of the carriage, Bai Jieliang seemingly recalled something. He couldn’t help looking at her in pity and softly asked. “I heard that Xi’er never left the residence before, because you were always taking care of your body?”

Su Yanxi smiled as she nodded. Her sparkling eyes were bright yet they emitted a faint sense of loneliness.

Bai Jieliang’s heart couldn’t help turning even more soft and feeling even more pity. He gently drew open the curtains and smiled encouragingly at her. “There’s a lot of fun things outside, do you want to see?” 

At first, Su Yanxi was still smiling as she reservedly sat on the carriage, appearing like she was not actually that interested. Yet when she heard the lively sounds that unceasingly entered from the outside, she finally could not resist anymore. Her head sneaked out, rested on the window, and used a curious gaze to take everything outside in.

Bai Jieliang was secretly amused by the young girl’s cute appearance that revealed some of the liveliness and vivid feelings that a young girl should have, and not the delicate appearance her previous stained glass look had, where one does not dare to rashly touch.

By Lake Jing Ming, a dashing and spirited man with an impressive aura helped a refined and graceful young girl down the carriage. Under the gorgeous sunlight, they smiled at each other, so beautiful, as if the artist with the world’s best techniques did a Chinese ink-painting using a very light sketch to make an excellent work. It felt unreal.

At the same time that it attracted the gasps filled with admiration and gazes filled with envy from the nearby people, it pricked the eyes of a woman standing on top of a boat.

Mu Shengyan expressionlessly looked at the two people in tacit understanding at the shore. Because she was continuously standing, without a single movement, on the bow of the boat, her entire body had already turned numb and was without any feelings.