39

Why did the little girl get shy so easily?

Mu Shengyan looked at the gentle and adorable young girl in front of her and couldn’t help chuckling. She might as well, since she doesn’t have anywhere else to go. If she really were to accompany this girl, it shouldn’t be too bad, right?

Su Yanxi finally returned to her senses. She pouted as she replied. “Mother was always this easy to talk to ah.”

Seeing that expression of “of course” on her face, Mu Shengyan secretly shook her head. She’s afraid that it was not because the mother is easy to talk to, but that she spoiled her daughter too much and was unwilling to go against her wishes?

Whatever, in any case, no matter how they investigate, they could not possibly discover her identity as a princess in the royal palace.

Just take it as being a refugee or beggar wandering about outside then, Mu Shengyan cheerfully thought to herself. Then, she laughed from her own thoughts.

“What are you laughing about?” Seeing her reveal a smile, Su Yanxi couldn’t help curiously asking her.

“I ah——” Mu Shengyan mischievously dragged out her words. It was only under the little girl’s unhappy glare that she leisurely said. “Am happy, naturally because I am able to remain by Miss Yanxi’s side~ “

Su Yanxi rounded her eyes, slightly blinking. “……Glib-tongued!”

Mu Shengyan started to laugh and play with her.

As a result, while Su Yanxi did not understand the situation, Mu Shengyan went behind her back to meet with Madam Su, thus smoothly passing this ordeal. She then passed her two-sided days: appearing on the surface to be modestly learning how to be a qualified servant girl and winning praise, while in secret, she is using Su Yanxi as the source of her entertainment.

As a personal servant girl, she naturally started to gradually learn of Su Yanxi’s condition. She couldn’t help feeling slightly distressed for this little girl who was clearly prone to illness yet gentle and strong.

She started to think of ways to nurse Su Yanxi’s body. Luckily, she still remembered a few modern medical diets in her mind. When she was responsible for controlling her reasonable diet, Mu Shengyan even had to use the carrot and the stick in an attempt to build up her body.

Su Yanxi was very confused. Why did she have her run three laps around her little courtyard every morning……

——Although she never completed it QAQ

“Yanxi, do you feel slightly better today?” Mu Shengyan sat on the side of the bed, stretching out her hands to stroke the forehead of the flushed little girl lying on the bed. The never decreasing boiling temperature made her unable to resist being worried.

“It’s nothing. I’m already used to it.” Su Yanxi weakly smiled at her. She opened her mouth and said in a low, nearly silent, voice.

“Let’s see if you would still not listen to me next time! If you don’t train your posture properly, then this would be the result!” The young girl dressed in blue was distressed and blaming as she glared at her. Whereas before, the corners of her mouth would always be in a bantering curve, right now, they were straightened, as if she was truly unhappy.

“I do run everyday……” Su Yanxi was filled with many grievance, but you can’t blame her for not being able to do the amount of exercise demanded ah _(:3)∠)_

“You are just lazy, not properly doing what I told you to do. Also——” Mu Shengyan took out the towel dipped in ice from the washbasin, wrung it dry, and placed it on Su Yanxi’s forehead. Her tone was still pretending to be fierce. “If there’s a next time where I discover that you secretly fed the medical food to the plants, then don’t blame me for being mean! Let those plants be, alright? If it’s just those bitter medicines, that’s still fine, but you even fed them the medical food. It’s not easy for them to be alive.”