44

Yet now——

Mu Shengyan looked at the pretty girl gently and tenderly smiling at her while standing at the entrance. Her long eyelashes slightly quivered. A faint glimmer of light emerged in her black eyes.

——She finally, successfully waited until the day the little girl was willing to forgive her.

“Miss, I heard that the Villa Master of this Villa is always kind. At this moment, this little girl has no place to call home. I don’t know if she could take this little girl in?” Su Yanxi wore a soft pink gauze. Under the sparkling peach blossom tree, she had a gorgeous smile. Like the first time they met, she looked like a flower demon who transformed into the human shape. 

The hands behind the Villa Master of Mt. Yanxi Villa’s back slightly trembled. Her pale lips also trembled. That was why the sounds she made also trembled——

“……Of course, she definitely will.”

——My everything, aren’t they all yours?

>>>>>>>>

Right after Su Yiqin was born, Mu Shengyan’s elder sister, the Rongan Eldest Princess, asked to adopt him. As the young Villa Master of Mt. Yanxi Villa, he always had the capability worthy of his pride.

Yet this proud young Villa Master had that teeny tiny and insignificant weakness.

——He feared his Mom’s anger the most.

Nonono, he was not referring to his birth mother, the Eldest Princess, but the one who had raised him: the Villa Master’s Madam, Su Yanxi.

"
"
It was not that his Mom was very stern, on the contrary, she was extremely gentle and warm. He liked acting spoiled in his Mom’s embrace the most. But behind her was a powerful woman who demanded unconditional obedience, who valued her even more than her own life.

One had to know that Mother Mu Shengyan, also the Villa Master of Mt. Yanxi Villa, always allowed him to do as he pleased. No matter what he did, she just had one eye opened and the other one closed. At times, she even gave him stupid ideas to prank others. The sole exceptions were when it involved his Mom; even if it were the most minor of things, it would become extremely important.

That was why he did not dare to anger his beautiful Mom. Not only was his Mom’s health not well and would only silently shed tears when angered, it was also because he would suffer from his Mother’s harsh punishment.

——Of course, he was still the most afraid of his beautiful Mom’s disappointed gaze on him.

However, to this day, he could not forget the first time he argued with his Mom. At that time, his Mom just disappointingly shot a glance at him before she left. He anxiously let himself be blown by the cold wind for the entire afternoon in the courtyard, but he was still at a loss and did not know what to do.

All the way until his Mother casually mentioned his punishment: to kneel in the ancestral hall for the night.

He was never punished like this, especially by his candid and generous Mother, who was able to play with him till they smiled cheekily. He was not willing, yet he was simply and heartlessly pressured by his Mother’s subordinates to kneel in the cold ancestral hall.

For that entire night, he was forced to kneel by himself in that cold place. He did not have his Mother’s cheeky smile teasing him, and even less so, his Mom’s gentle comfort.

He finally understood why the people outside all say that his Mother was cold-hearted. At that time, he didn’t understand. His Mother was clearly such a cool and straightforward person, so obedient, gentle and considerate towards Mom, so how could the others see her like that.