1: Disbelief

𝖭𝗈𝗍𝖾: 𝖮𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗂𝗇𝖺𝗅 𝗂𝗇𝗌𝗉𝗂𝗋𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝖡𝗎𝗅𝗂𝗆𝗂𝖺 ( mx_dilei )

┏━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┓

"I wanted to see your
face again."

┗━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┛

Ray's POV

Our first independent morning, huh? I took a bite of the cheese sandwich I was holding and chewed on it slowly.
I looked around the lush green forest to find all the kids munching on food.
Things are going alright for now.
I heard racing footsteps towards my direction, I snapped my head to find Thoma and Lannion panting a bit. Thoma seemed liked he was hiding something behind his back. Hm?
"What happened?" I inquired.

Thoma brought out a neatly wrapped present from behind his back before he spoke, "Ray, Y-Y/n asked us to give this to you." My hold on the sandwich loosened immediately making it fall on my legs. My chest tightened. Y-Y/n? I composed myself and took the box from his hands. The two of them ran back to their original spots leaving me to gaze at the newly found present. After being a bit hesitant, I started unwrapping the box carefully. Wonder what this is about.
After opening the lid of the box I found a letter.

"Dear Ray,"

I could hear her speaking the words making me furrow my eyebrows in regret.

"OYA! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU~
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU~
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!"

I could imagine her annoying yet angelic voice singing to me at which I couldn't help but crack a small smile.

"Happy 12th Birthday Ray! But dude, you are still not a grown man, lame. But that's fine!"

Y/n, you idiot.

"I know you have plenty of questions, but they will be answered one day.
Ok, I won't lie, this was written way back.Before you even told me about the escape and all. You know pre-planning, heh."

Of course, you probably wouldn't have written the letter in that case. You were mad and you had every right to be.

"Anyways, don't worry, I am probably alive. Well, if my plan worked I guess. I am very stupid, so you know, heh."

I don't believe that.

"I bet you saw what freedom looks like by now. I hope you are eating properly and taking adequate amount of rest."