22: His Memory

𝖭𝗈𝗍𝖾: 𝖲𝗅𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝖼𝗎𝗋𝗌𝗂𝗇𝗀. 𝖳𝖾𝖼𝗁𝗇𝗂𝖼𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒 '𝖧𝖾𝗋 𝖳𝖺𝗅𝖾 4.0' 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗂𝗍'𝗌 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝖲𝖺𝗆'𝗌 𝖯𝖮𝖵 𝖺𝗌 𝗋𝖾𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍𝖾𝖽, 𝗌𝗈 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗁. :)

┏━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┓

┏━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┓

"My existence made
no sense to me, until
you came. I guess, it's
right to deem you as
the plot twist, ain't it?"

┗━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┛

~Flashbacks~

Sam's POV

I glared daggers into the muscular back of the brawny man trotting ahead of me. The heels of my shoes clacked loudly against the ground beneath, contradicting the quiet ones of the male in front of me. My eyes wandered around to the hall on my left. I could see teenage boys practising hand-to-hand combat through the clear glass windows.

I just had to get to my first mission. That was my goal. I had every other thing planned, so I just had to keep climbing the ranks. I, too was full of glee when I was informed I was getting adopted but damn, everyone really played me.

Mother... she really never wanted the best for us, huh? When all along she was as selfish as the devil. Isn't it funny? Forget about love, there isn't one good thing in the world we live in. The moment I realised the truth behind all the smiles, all the laughter and tears, I wouldn't say I drowned in dejection. Instead, my rage was fuelled, a bit too much if I must add. So here I am, doing my best to get out of here.

The man halted in his steps in front of wooden doors. He stared at me from the corner of his eyes, in response to which I grumbled under my breath. Muffled voices resounded from the room.

His deep voice resonated, "Remember the extra classes I talked about?"

"Yeah, what about it?" I hissed at him.

"This will be your first one," he affirmed and knocked three times on door.

After a short while, a lady dressed in the typical Mother's uniform opened the door. Her aburn hair was tied into a neat braid, her blue eyes beaming, yet, when I looked close enough, I spotted the melancholy suffused with them.

"Nice to meet you again, Josephine," Rhys' eyes glinted with amusement.

His hand gestured towards my standing figure,
"This is the boy I told you about, Sam."