16: New Normal

┏━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┓

┏━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┓

"When I lost you, all my
smiles and laughs
became fake. It felt like
m

y soul itself became

fake."

┗━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┛

~Year 2050~

Buzz Buzz Buzz

Ray groaned as he twisted in his bed. His left arm reached out to snooze the blaring alarm. Feeling the switch of the alarm, he successfully managed to bring the repeating sound to an end.

Abruptly, his door was slammed open and a chirpy voice sounded,
"Ray! Wake up! Today's the last day before summer holidays start!"

He threw a pillow at the ginger-head and snapped,
"I know, Emma! And I already have an alarm so I don't need a human alarm as well!"

"Whatever, Ray! Breakfast will be ready in fifteen!" ignoring his complaint, she sprinted away.

Ray began unwrapping the blanket from his body, his hair tousled amd his brows stitched together. He sat upright on the bed, his legs dangling on the side as he rubbed his eyes. He sighed as he flailed his right arm around his desk which was directly beside his bed.

What's the time? I set the alarm fifteen minutes later than usual. At least that's what I remember...

After his field of vision finally cleared up, he spotted a golden, shiny pocket watch lying amongst the sprawled books and papers. He wasted no time and grabbed it. The time read quarter past six.

Before he knew, his thoughts were carried away. Somewhere he desperately tried to escape from but it just kept coming back. He was no longer paying attention to the ticking hands of the watch instead he was gazing at the whole pocket watch itself. His thumb gently grazed over the metallic surface.

Y/n.

~Flashback~

"What the heck do you mean by she isn't coming back!?" Ray yelled as he held Cislo by the collar.

"Ray! Calm down!" Norman harshly pulled the angered boy back.

"How can you doubt Y/n-san's decisions!?" Barbara sneered, agitated.

"You don't understand!" the male snarled, feeling as if his head was ready to split into two.

"She obviously has her reasons! She isn't a dumb, oblivious child who can't protect herself! Do you not know that!?" she gritted her teeth.