26: Our Reality

Note: Alright, I've decided whether to hurt y'all or not. 

┏━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┓

┏━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┓

"No matter how much
you regret, you can't
change the past.

┗━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┛

"What have I done..." Ray groaned, rolling on his bed.

He was tired, yes, once again.

"Ray... I have been meaning to talk to you," Anna grinned, interlacing her hands at her back.

Ray's eyebrow shot up,
"Oh? What is it?"

"Let's break up," she declared bluntly.

His jaw loosened in whammy, eyes expanding simultaneously. He right away straightened his spine, eyes immersed in confusion,
"Huh, why?"

Her eyes crinkled at the end, her signature smile resting on her lips, "Because you love her."

It was a shock, needless to say.

They had broken up in less than a week, of course it was going to be unexpected.

Not to mention, no one was particularly happy with Ray, he had used Anna after all, something only a petty person would do. Disappointing, that's what it was. For a person who was rational and wise, Ray had surely made an imbecile decision.

He snuggled into his blankets,
"What now...? Barbara and Cislo will leave tomorrow. School starts the day after. What a pain."

He glanced at the clock. It was half past ten, not quite late for him. His mind was blank, at the same time not. Yet again, he was left to predict the future all by himself. Now that Sam had given him permission to grow close to Y/n once again, in which direction were things headed? He had no clue whatsoever.

Not only that, there was an enormous air of uncertainty looming over, a never ending one. Did he really deserve all this? After hurting a girl over and over again, being the cause for her agony and misery, did he really have the right to start all over again and pretend like nothing happen?

If the Summer Festival contributed in some way or the other, he could only fathom it as another vexation added to his myriad of worries. In the end, he was back to the day before the festival, back to square one where he was once again pleading for a much needed piece of advice, as well as a bit of reassurance to get himself together. Who knew something as simple as loving someone could turn into something so complicated that it drove him to the verge of just jumping off a cliff; like those years before, though we don't speak about it.