21: You & Him, I & Her

𝖭𝗈𝗍𝖾: 𝖨𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗂𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒, 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗌𝗎𝗉𝗉𝗈𝗌𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝖻𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝗌𝖾𝖽 𝗈𝗇 𝗁𝗈𝗐 𝖸/𝗇 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖲𝖺𝗆 𝗆𝖾𝗍 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗐𝖺𝗋𝖽 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝖨 𝗀𝗈𝗍 𝗐𝗋𝗂𝗍𝖾𝗋'𝗌 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝖼𝗄 𝗈𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍. :/ 𝖣𝖺𝗆𝗇, 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗀𝗎𝗒𝗌 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗇𝖾𝖾𝖽 '𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾' (𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾'𝗌 𝖼𝖺𝗉) 𝗉𝖺𝗍𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾, 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝖱𝖺𝗒? :)

 :/ 𝖣𝖺𝗆𝗇, 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗀𝗎𝗒𝗌 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗇𝖾𝖾𝖽 '𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾' (𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾'𝗌 𝖼𝖺𝗉) 𝗉𝖺𝗍𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾, 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝖱𝖺𝗒? :)

┏━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┓

"We were so close.
We had so much.
But now, you and him
are so close. But now,
you and him have so
much more."

┗━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┛

Ray's jaw remained open for quite a few moments, his heart numb all in all. Sam swallowed, avoiding eye-contact. He glanced at his watch and then at Y/n. He kneeled beside her, wrapping the coat around her built.

He scooped her in his arms and stood up, eyes directed towards Ray,
"You should go back inside. It's pretty late, I would suggest you all to stay for the night."

Ray gruffly nodded, taking his leave.
Sam sighed and followed after him but took a turn in the opposite direction. He sauntered through the dim lighted corridoor of the peach walls on which were hung abstract paintings. He cautiously climbed up the stairs. After ascending the last step of the flight of stairs, he trudged towards the door on the left. He bent down and opened the door knob, using his arm that was supporting the underside of her knees.

He inhaled, the familiar comforting scent pervading his nostrils. He gently placed her on the white sheets of the king sized bed. He slid off her sandals, making sure his fingers only lightly grazed so as to not wake her up. He pushed her knees upwards, curling her figure into a ball. Unfolding the soft comforter, he spread it onto her asleep state, carefully dabbing the sides so it stuck to her body.

He sat by her side, tucking a few strands of her hair behind her ear. His hand remained there, caressing her locks, gentle as ever.

His adam's apple bobbed, eyelids blanketing his brown hues momentarily. I know... that if you still remembered Ray, you would have chosen him over me. You did say that what happened in the past didn't matter as much, except the outcomes and lessons but... I don't think that's valid in your case. And I don't want to argue over it again because I know that you did things according to your understanding. Though I think giving up on you would be hard, break up or your death, doesn't matter. I hope you can keep me a bit longer though, just a bit longer. He bent down, pressing his lips against her forehead. Fleetingly, he felt tingles all over his skin.