27: Not Yet

Note: Mild cursing.

Even though I have a rough idea of how I will end this story, I am not sure if it will be worth it. Give me ideas, I have lost my braincells.

┏━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┓

┏━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┓

"I'm not ready for
the end, not yet."

┗━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┛

"Wah! Thanks, Gilda!" Y/n gushed, bringing the younger female in a tight hug.

"What about you, Ray? Haven't you got her something?" Emma turned to the raven-ette, awaiting his answer.

He shifted his weight from one foot to another, scratching his nape, he mumbled incoherently, "Well..." 

He anxiously stepped towards Y/n, running his tongue across his lower lip, "You see..."

He rummaged through his pockets, a moment after bringing out a bunch of airplane boarding tickets, waving them in the air, "I got tickets to Helgeland, Norway."

Her jaw straight away dropped, eyes wide as saucers, "You didn't..."

He couldn't have possibly, could he? It had been an absolute dream of hers to watch the Aurora Borealis, someday, someday before she died, she eagerly wanted to go see them with her own lively eyes.

"You—! How much did it cost!?" she yelled at him, a vein popping up on her head.

Not to mention, just how much would have been the expenses? Nordland was known as one of the best places to gaze at the mystical lights, and oh Lord— a flight from United States of America to Norway, it would be everything but cheap. The cost of staying there, transport and everything else, how come it even fit in the budget? On second thought, she wondered how the hell did he even manage to gather such an enormous amount?

He backed away quickly as she drew closer, "Not much, I promise!"

"I don't buy it!" she scrunched her face up.

And alright, she exceedingly appreciated the overly generous act but she just couldn't have it. Now it'd all made sense to her, the part time librarian job and the stress he'd carried due to it during the examination season, it was all for this vacation, for her sake, hers and hers only.

He yelled back, crashing into a chair as he attempted to back away from her agitated state, "Trust me, Y/n!"

The boy on the other hand, he really wanted to grant her wish, no— he needed to. It was included in the last memory he had with her where she still remembered him and their rollercoaster of a past. Even though there were innumerable downs, there were undoubtedly ups as well and he wanted to treasure those moments till his very last breaths. So it really wouldn't hurt to create a few more, would it?