12: Vague Reasons

┏━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┓

┏━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┓

"If we were always
'we', could things have
been different?"

┗━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┛

~Continued~

Moments passed and neither of them moved or spoke a single word. His soft breaths were audible to her ears as she remained in position, cherishing the warmth they shared.

His scent had enveloped her and she couldn't find it any more pleasant. She turned her head towards the clock to get a glimpse of the time. It had certainly been more than five minutes.

She quitely contemplated whether she should speak up or not. She was satisfied with how they were but of course, not everything you are fond of stays.

She murmmered softly,
"Ray?"

No response. She gently tapped him on the shoulder,
"Ray?"

She then realised that his breaths were even, his eyelids covering his olive eyes. She thought to herself,
did this boy just fall asleep?

You could say that Ray's plan was successful, well, partially. He knew how the girl was soft for hugs. Talking out things with her was a part of the plan, but falling asleep before actually doing that wasn't. The comfort had gotten to him, something he couldn't resist. After all, it had been quite long.

Y/n gently wiggled her way out of his arms. Seeing him shift a bit, she panicked slightly but calmed down once he was back at rest. She laughed lightly, seeing the boy who was snoring. Did he not get much sleep last night? Don't think so. I must have woken him up. She played a bit with his soft hair and smiled to herself. She was suprisingly feeling much lighter after hugging him. Like he had just hugged out all the worries.

After climbing out of the bed, she gently covered him in a blanket snd gazed at him.

I know how much you want answers. After all, who wants to acknowledge vague reasons. But Ray, I wish things were easier. I wish it was easier to obtain freedom and happiness. I am not suprised that you have grown to be so desperate. If I were you, maybe I would be like you as well. It's just that... I don't want to hurt you or anyone else. Because... I don't want anyone else to experience the pain I once felt.

She put a hand over her eyes as she smiled painfully. Sometimes, she hated herself for being so emotional. She hated how her emotions push her to the verge of breaking. But that was always overpowered by her strong resolve.

She pursed her lips and walked out, not before sparing him a last glance.

She searched the rooms in search of Sam. She found him typing away on his laptop. Recognising the sound and pace of a pair of footsteps, not taking his eyes off the screen, he smiled,
"Hey there."