8: A Moment In Time

𝖭𝗈𝗍𝖾: 𝖬𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗁.

┏━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┓

"She learned the value
of every single moment.
He didn't."

┗━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┛

"Free? Are you saying that I'm not free?" he questioned, scowling.

Emma stepped near them and spoke,
"We are all trapped in our destinies because of our situation. You were also burdened with a fate the moment you were born."

He yelled out in despair,
"You're wrong! I wanted to be the head of this clan! That's... that's why I had my brother..."

Y/n inquired, raising my eyebrow,
"Is that what you truly wanted?"

He spat in anger,
"A fallacious argument! You're all hypocrites. You, and Minerva, too!"

Emma furrowed her eyebrows,
"Let's change this, together."

He looked back to the ground, a weird aura surrounding him,
"We can't! There is no way we could possibly..."

The (e/c) eyed girl stated firmly,
"We can. It doesn't exist yet, so we can create it."
He stood up on his knees, intently looking at them.

Emma smiled softly at him in pity,
"Even if it's difficult, I know we can change it. Both our destinies and the world... Let's be free.

He smiled as he stood up,
"Live together? Change the world together? You fools. That's why you're meant to be eaten. It's not just the demon world you have to change. What they have been doing to you are things that humans have been doing to each other since long ago. Yes, even though humans don't eat humans. Do what you want. You win. Go wherever you want. It's all too late for me now. Change the world? Try if you can. I'll be enjoying your vain struggle from the depths of hell." He fished out a knife and in a flash, his throat was slit leaving blood to splash everywhere.

Emma, Ray and Norman had rushed to him immediately. Emma held his throat, as if it would stop the blood from seeping. Whilst she continuously yelled,
"No! Don't die!"

Y/n stood their idly, her eyes widening at the horrific sight. It reminded of how is father was killed. How fresh, red, blood was all she could see for a while. How the liquid formed a pool near the body, traumatized her. It horrified her really. How a soul that had lived on for years, could rip away in just an instant. In a manner how happiness could quickly fade away into nothing but helplessness.