30: Heaven And Hell

Note: Double update to make it up to y'all.

┏━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┓

"You're my heaven and
my hell."

┗━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┛

1 year later...

Autumn's wind whistled, carrying away the remnants of summer with it. Its whistles resounded faintly, accompanied with the crunching of leaves that had blanketed the entire grim ground. The previously jubilant virescent leaves now faded into unstimulating yellows and oranges. The once coruscating and glorious blossoms no longer attracting any sprightly butterflies. Orchards fruitless and as vacant as they could be, the plodding sight left to see squirrels scamper around, preparing for the soon to come arduous winter.

The frosty air's whispers made Ray shiver underneath his warm jacket, thrusting his freezing hands deep into
pockets and stuffing his nose into his scarf.

Autumn had never felt so cold and wintry ever before.

The weather was awfully unwelcoming and disdainful, perhaps because he was sauntering in a graveyard.

"You should have worn gloves, Ray," Y/n chastised, a frown sculpted on her pretty face.

But at least it isn't lonely.

"Yeah, yeah..." he muttered, as he stared at her back.

She was clad in a chaste, lose to the body black dress, a hazel brown overcoat hugging her arms and sides. Her steps were poised, her footfalls synchronising with his. His attire wasn't much varied from her, a plain black hoodie and pants.

It wasn't long before the movement of Y/n's boots came to a halt, the crunching of the scorched, fallen leaves coming to a stop as well.

Ray bowed to the grave alongside her, eyes shut close as he allowed himself to breathe in the peculiar scent of the air that he was sure would always remind him of the ambience of a cemetery.

Assisting her in setting up the essence sticks, he stared at the stone and the carved letters.

2007-2047
In the memory of
Euan L/n.

A loving father and husband.
A man of integrity and morality.

It was his death anniversary, and an year after Y/n was supposedly deemed to give up her life.

Which in the end, didn't come true.

It was a bolt out of the blue to say the least and the euphoria everyone had felt was something which was beyond comparison to any other joy.