29: Deja Vu

Note: Such a disappointingly written chapter, really. I sincerely apologise for I ruined it all.
Warning:
Cursing (not very mild if I say so myself)

Warning:Cursing (not very mild if I say so myself)

┏━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┓

"They both found it
easier to believe in that
lie than accept the truth
of what was to come."

┗━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┛

Ray jolted up, sweating bullets, his fists clamped together, eyes as wide as saucers. The night was dark, as dark as the sea it seemed to be. And he didn't like it one bit.

Whatsoever, it was the truth.

The gun, the grave, the flowers.

All of it was what he knew he would do.

The gun? Y/n had allowed herself to let it slip, once mentioning it was kept inside the locker in her room, the password to which he knew.

The grave? Y/n had always wished to be buried next to her father's resting place.

The flowers? He wanted her to always know of the love and adoration he held for her, sympathy for her circumstances. And Orchid plants did the job. He had bought them the previous day.

It was the day of her birthday, her 20th birthday.

He could practically envisage it.

How she would take her last breath, the warm smile refusing to leave her lips. How he would hear his family's sobs and wails. How she would be buried deep into the ground. How her name will be carved onto a fine stone.

But most of all, how his heart would break.

How he would go numb.

He had lived for twenty years, his twenty-first one in progress. But he didn't want it to be completed, not without her.

Enveloped in his own masculine scent, he could only stare at the blank wall, the moonlight faintly pouring into his room.

He had less than twenty four hours.

Twenty four hours for whatever fate had decided for them.

And he didn't want to waste them.

Practically lunging out of his bed, he sprinted to her room, attempting to keep his hurried footsteps as quiet as possible. The corridoors seemed as empty as ever, the dim yellow lights the only source of illumination as silence had engulfed the house entirely. And he was sure there was no one in the house who was actually sleeping.

Not bothering to knock, he just slammed the door open, his pants resonating in her room as she gawked at him wide eyed.

She had a slice of cake in her hands.