4. And who are you to decide that!?

Y/n pov.:

,,So, how are you feeling?,, The Dr. with the cat ears asked. You cower more into Voltiaere, because you are scared that you don't know the answer.

,,I....I don't k- know,, you shakily whisper. The Doctor smiles warm heartedly and puts his clipboard down. He sits down on the stool next to your bed.

You try to move away from him, but Voltiaere stops you and holds you tight ,,It's alright. You just woke up after two days and from a nightmare might I add. William here just wants to check if you are all healed up. I am right here. Nothing bad will happen,, you slowly let go of Voltiaere and let the cat boy check you.

,,May I ask where all these bruises and cuts came from? Some on your legs I understood that they came from walking barefoot in the forest, but others were deeper and older,, you debate on whether to tell them or not.

,,W....When I ran away from home, my M- Mother threw some glass bottles after me. They must have shattered and hit me. I knew I felt something, but it wasn't pain. I thought it was the bushes,, William hums as he continues to check you.

,,And your back?,, you quickly look away in hopes to avoid that question. ,,Was it also your parents? Or did you do this to yours-,,

,,William I think that is enough questions for now,, you look up to see Voltiaere glaring at William, who cowers straight after.

,,Everything hurts, but I don't mind. I am used to it,, both of them look at you confused and you shrink back again ,,To answer your question from earlier,,.

,,Ah! Yes! Well that is understandable. You had a class 2 haemorrhage, that means you were bleeding internally. I closed it and you should be fine now,, the boy said smiling

,,Can she leave?,, he asked

,,(sigh) I'd preferred her to stay here at least one more day, but I am concerned about your father finding out, especially after the ruckus we just had,, William turns back to you ,,If you promise to come here every night after you finish work, so I can change the bandages, then you can leave,,. You nod and hold up your pinkie. You see William visibly coo and intertwine his pinkie with yours. ,,You're a cute one. You did a good job buying this one Voltiaere,, And there it was. The reminder of who you are to these people.

Their Property. *What will happen to me? Why are they so nice? Are they bad or just pretending?*

,,Can you walk?,, you nod and get out of bed. You carefully place your feet on the floor and start to put pressure on them. The pain is definitely there, but you don't want to be carried by Voltiaere again, so you fake a smile. ,,Mhm. Rule number one,, he says as he picks you up and carries you princess style ,,Never lie to me. I can see right through you,, you blush deeply as you nod. ,,I need words, Darling,, you are 100% sure you look like a tomato right now ,,Y- Ye- Yes, S- Sir,, you hear William laugh as Voltiaere carries you out

Before he enters a room, Voltiaere turns back to the staff ,,If any of you have anything to say, my ears are ready for listening,, he finishes the last few words quite threateningly and everyone cowered back to work. He hums and enters the room. He places you on the bed and leaves the room for a brief second, to only come back with clothes. ,,These are the clothes I wear, when we go to the human town. You can borrow them. Don't worry, they have been washed, so my scent won't overpower you. I will send a maid later to bring you proper clothes. Anything specific to your liking?,, you just look at him confused.

*Humans? Scent? Why is he being nice?* you just shake your head.

,,(sigh) What did I say about words, Darling? I know I can be quite cold, but I said it once and I'll say it again. I won't hurt you, under any circumstances and that's a promise,, he kneels in front of you so he is at eye level with you and takes your hands in his.