14. I promise to never hurt you again darling

Y/n's pov.:

,,My parents are in there,, you suck in your breath once you realise what he meant. The mother that lured you to join them and the father that prefer to see you dead than here. ,,Don't worry, everything will be fine. My mother might seem scary, but she is fond of you and father...well, as long as he believes you are working. I need you to relax, can you do that for me darling?,, you nod and try to calm your heart.

*It doesn't help knowing that they can hear it* Voltiaere turns and open the doors. You follow him into the dining room, where it is dark and has a big table with his parents in the middle.

,,Ahh! Sweetheart, how have you been? We haven't seen you the last couple of nights,, his mother says as soon as she sees him.

,,I am sorry mother, just some urgent business came up,, he sits down and his spot at the table and you stand a few feet behind him.

One of the elves bring him his plate and he thanked her. She lingers a bit and touches his arm. *Could she be any more obvious!? Leave already, your making everyone uncomfortable with your lack of discretion* you refrain from rolling your eyes.

,,That will be all,, he says and she finally leaves. You noticed that your stomach feels weird.

You can't be jealous, can you? *And why not? You do like him and you see her as a threat* a voice in your head says, that you recognise as...,,Sorry I am late. I was making plans for my hunt tomorrow and lost track of time,, you look over to see Brandon walk in. He looks over to you then sits down at his place.

,,Hunt? I thought you wanted to go this weekend?,, his mother asked confused.

,,I was planning that, but Volt and I have a little competition. We are going later,, she gasped excitingly hearing that her children are partaking in an activity together.

,,Wonderful! You two haven't done anything together in centuries. Isn't it nice Vector to see them getting along once again?,, she asked looking at her husband who seemed to be interested in something else. Or more someone else.

,,Yes, is that the girl you bought from the auction?,, he asked Voltiaere gesturing towards you.

He turns to look at you for a second and confirms his father's question. *Don't move. Remember, we can sense fear from kilometres away* you hear Brandon say in your head.

You look over towards him, who has stopped eating and looks uneasy. ,,She cleans up very nice. Can she keep up like the elves can?,, he asked with a tone that did not suggest work.

,,She is just fine. She helps me with my work and even has time to bring me a coffee,, Voltiaere says calmly.

,,My, my son. You truly know how to beat around the bush. How is her libido? Is she as innocent as she looks?,, he asked laughing.

*Volt looks like he is about to throw this table. This might turn interesting* Brandon says in your mind again with a little laugh.

,,I haven't done such acts with her. You know I don't,, he says seethingly.

,,Oh? What about that little mut? Or the fairy? Or even the last human we had?,, he didn't say anything and you kind of feel sad knowing he plays with his food. ,,Well, if you don't then I wouldn't mind testing her out,, he said laughing again.