39. Only you can save her now or lose her forever!

134 years ago

William's pov.:

You were setting your office up for the night, when a knock on the door interrupted you. You opened it to see the young boy. ,,Alex? Come in. Is everything alright?,, he walks in and you close the door behind him.

,,I think I need your help,, he said and you just realise now, that he is crying.

,,Anything,, you say worried.

,,I need your help to convince Voltiaere to kill me,, you were shocked at his request.

,,Uhm.....what?,, you ask him hoping you heard him wrong.

,,I overheard the mistress talking about me yesterday with one of the guards. She wants me dead by midnight. If she can't convince Voltiaere to do it, then he has to,, he explains.

,,I....You...Have you talked to Brandon about this?,, he quickly shakes his head.

,,No! I can't say his own mother, who he loves, is trying to kill me!,, you tried to find the logic, but it all just didn't make sense.

,,Yes, but he loves you more! He acts only like his true self when he is around you,, you tell him.

,,That is why you have to help me. William, I know you've seen it. We may be soulmates and we are perfect for each other, but it is not meant to be,, you look at him like he has just killed a puppy.

,,You just explained why it is meant to be!,, he shakes his head.

,,That is not what I mean. I don't know how to explain it, but it just somewhat never feels right. There is someone out there for him, just not me,, you try to find the correct words, so you don't explode at your friend right now.

,,Maybe it's just because you don't feel welcome here by everyone?,, you suggest.

,,William, you have to believe me!,, he screams in clear desperation.

,,I....I don't think Brandon would take it very well,, you sigh in defeat.

,,I know, but I know he won't be alone, just without me,, you reluctantly agree, somewhat believing him, but you hope Voltiaere would be able to snap some sense into him. You both walk to Voltiaere's room, where he sits at his desk studying.

,,Voltiaere,, you call to get his attention.

He turns to you both, but sneers when he sees Alex. ,,What is the inermis doing here?,, you roll your eyes at your friend.

*All because your parents brainwashed you. You and Brandon were inseparable and now this, just because he love a human* deciding to keep your thoughts to yourself, you continue. ,,He needs your help,, you say.

,,And now, why would I do that?,, he asked uninterested and turning back to his work.

,,Because you are the only person I think he could forgive for killing me,, he visibly tensed.

Voltiaere still had to learn to hide his emotions according to his father, but you know that it wouldn't be good for him. *He'd just become a heartless bastard* you worry for your friend, who just wants his parents to be proud of him.

,,No. I may not like you, but that would destroy Brandon,, he said not looking away from his work.

,,I know, but it is either you or some random guard,, he slams his book closed and gets up really quick to push Alex against a wall.