20. I will not let him make the same mistake again

Brandon's pov.:

Love

Love. Everyone deserves it, but it can be taken as quick as given. You feel disgusted to be connect to someone who loves, but is oblivious to it. It angers you to think that they are wasting their time.

You woke up a while ago. It is normally unusual for you to be awake this early, except for one night where you cherish it all. It's the one night where you remain alone, without any maids or creatures.

It's quite sad when you have an outside perspective, but for you it's peaceful. The weather was always as you preferred it and now there is even a flower garden to be seen.

You decide that it is time to get up, showered and dressed. You wear your normal black suit and just put your hand through your hair. You hear a knock on your door and leave the bathroom to see who dares to disturb your peace.

,,Mom!? What brings you here this early and on this night?,, you asked a bit annoyed. She off all creatures should know the meaning of this night for you.

 She off all creatures should know the meaning of this night for you

,,I brought you some flowers I ordered extra for you. I hope they are to your liking,, she places a basket with an assortment of five white flowers on your bed.

You silently chuckle and her sincerity. ,,Thank you, they are perfect. You should go back to bed now, it is still very early and we don't want dad to raise suspicion,, she smiles and leaves.

You finish your last touch ups and take the flowers with you. As you walk through the quiet halls, you think of the endless possibilities of "what if" and "if only". You don't believe the future is set, but decisions do make the path towards it. If only you had made your decision earlier. What if you had? Would you have still been happy?

You continue to think till you reach your first destination. You quietly open the door to see Voltiaere and Y/n still asleep on his bed. His bruises have fully formed, but it seems that she is still careful not to hurt him *They truly are perfect for each other. I hope they notice, before it's too late*.

You lay a white cotton flower at the foot of the bed in hopes that he will understand. It angers you to feel her love for him, only for it to be unappreciated. You turn to leave, but not fully close the door.

You leave for your true destination for the night

You leave for your true destination for the night. You walk all the way through the garden, up the small hill to stop at the big tree ,,Hello princess,,.

You sit in front of the burial of your first ever loved one. ,,I brought you white flowers. Especially your favourite,, you place them on his grave and tidy it up a bit.

,,A lot has changed this past year or more like the past month. Volt bought home an auctioned item and he is just as blind as I was to the love he could get. I am trying to help him, but he is stubborn. I guess it runs in the family,, you stay silent hoping for something you know will never happen.

,,She is similar to you. I believe you two would have been good friends. You both like flowers, have an over bubbly personality and can get your cold soulmate to open up,, you think of all the times he made you unwillingly smile or feel beneficial to this world. His world.

,,I miss you so much. She reminds me of you and I just want to be able to hold you one more time. It relives me to know that you are now it a good place I could never have provided. Even though I may never join you, I still will love you with all my heart and being and wish you all the happiness you could receive,, you always feel contempt after talking to him, like if he were leading you in the right direction.

 Even though I may never join you, I still will love you with all my heart and being and wish you all the happiness you could receive,, you always feel contempt after talking to him, like if he were leading you in the right direction

,,I know you want me to help them, but is it selfish of me not wanting to? To let him make the same mistakes as I did? I know it is and I know how it feels to lose the one person you will love the most. I will not let him make the same mistake again,,

 I will not let him make the same mistake again,,