41. Darling?

Voltiaere's pov.:

You, Brandon and the others head upstairs. You rely on William to keep her safe. Once you are up there, you see the chaos that ensued. Werewolves and vampires everywhere with a few other creatures you recognise as staff. ,,All of you help everyone here! Brandon and I are going to look for "our Mistress",, they nod and you all disperse.

After grabbing a sword, you both make your way to the main hall. Multiple werewolves tried to attack you both, but failed due to her blood not just healing you, but also giving you one hell of a boost ,,Damn! Remind me to get some of Boru's before we-/,,.

,,Don't! Even! Go! There!,, you warned not wanting any images of him and the mut.

,,But-/,, you killed another traitor and turned to him.

,,If you do, I will murder you here and now. I can take the mu-.....Boru,, you correct.

,,Thanks,, he says slicing another rouge open. You both battled your way through the rouges and traitors when you met the alpha of the nearby pack.

,,I guess the jaguar got you two out. I also hope you realise that we are not responsible of the attacks-/,, he tried to explain.

,,Yet you don't respond to our messages and requests,, you interrupt him with.

,,I was held captive. A bunch of rouges attacked our pack and we didn't know they had help from a witch. I was blindsided and imprisoned in my own territory. With the help of the jaguar hybrid, my youngest son was able to free me and we planned to take down the mistress,, you nod believing him.

,,You two want to stop your pissing contest and get to the hall,, you look at Brandon in annoyance, but he just shrugs smirking. You head to the main hall where the mistress sat in her throne. ,,I wondered when you'd arrived. You left me waiting for an awful long time,, she looked between you all. ,,And you definitely did not pick the right soldiers. Everyone here has something to lose, whether it be soulmates, family members or even friends,, she laughed.

,,Enough with you mind games! You're outnumbered with just Brandon and I,, you shout.

,,Oh? Am I now?,, she snaps her fingers and the doors behind her open. Your grip on the sword tightened when you saw a plethora of vampires walk in and the witch. ,,I think you need more lesson in maths, if you truly believe I am outnumbered,, she laughs again and you try to think of a plan, when suddenly vines took hold of everyone and lifted you and Brandon off the ground. You hear the witch laugh.

,,Always one step behind,, you try to set yourself free. ,,I don't see why you always try, it won't work!,, you ignore your mother and keep trying. ,,You know, you two might have not been what I wanted, but I looked forward to have you Voltiaere,, you stop and look at her. ,,I was always so proud of you since you were born. We named you Voltiaere, so I'd hope you felt welcome in this family,, you look at Brandon, who is trying to get loose.

,,I....I was?,, you ask not truly believing her.

,,Of course, sweetheart~ You always had such great qualities. I never said this, but I was always so proud of you,, the words you always wanted to hear.

,,Voltiaere! Focus! She admitted almost a week and a half ago that she hated us and now this!?,, Brandon shouted.

The vines let you go and your mother held her hand out to you. ,,I know I said those things, but I truly never wanted to fight with you. I thought about it and I'd even be willing to compromise,, she takes you to the middle of the room.

The door opens once again and your heart felt like it dropped ,,Y/n?,,. She shyly walked up to you two. ,,H- How?,, you ask, not believing your eyesight.

,,You saved me. It worked, you successfully turned me,, she smiled showing you her fangs.

,,You did it Voltiaere!,, your mother continued with. ,,You both can live happily now. I said I'd be willing to compromise and this is it. You can have the nest, with her, just let me help make some decisions on the side,, she lifts your arm, so that you and Y/n are holding hands.

,,I missed you so much Sweetheart. I thought I had lost you,, you whispered to her.

,,I know and I am so sorry, but now we can be together,, she said cupping your face.

*Caught 'ya* you take her hands into yours and wrap them around your waist so that she's hugging you. ,,Goodbye miss Moon,, you whisper for only her to hear. Before she could react, you quickly ripped her head off ,,I never truly did like you,, and her body fell to the floor.

,,Voltiaere!? Have you lost your mind!?,, you ignore her screeches and send pain to everyone except your mother.

Brandon and the others were let go and he came over to give you your sword. ,,You know, mother, you actually had a really good strategy with my biggest insecurity. I guess you had realised how desperate I way to please you both, but you had one fatal flaw,, you walk a bit closer. ,,No one messes with my darling!,, you move to the side as you give her to Brandon's mercy, or lack thereof. The fight between her followers and yours happen all around you, when you have only one person in your sight. Mary is still under your pain signals as you walk up to her. ,,Die.....in.....Hell,, she barely says to you.

,,Definitely not before you, but I'll surely meet you there at some point,, you walk up to the wall and grab a fire stick. You light up her close and stop the signal, because she'll feel it on her own. ,,Farewell,, you took joy in seeing her die in the flames.

You turned around and saw Brandon also had his fun with your mother, who was pleading for mercy. ,,You forced brother to kill my soulmate! I have no mother,, he forced his blade though your mothers' neck and chopped her head clean off.

The fighting started to die down as people wondered what they were doing. *They must have been under her persuasion spell* you realised.

,,Everyone, it's been a long couple of weeks. Our mistress was corrupt and our .aster was killed. We shall welcome the new master of the Nest, Voltiaere Phantom,, they all started cheering for you and you just wanted to add Brandon to the lifeless bodies, after what he had just said.

After organising clean-ups, you head to the alpha to talk to him. Brandon and Boru were already standing there, with Boru looking conflicted. ,,I should get going then, to sort out my pack,, you nod shaking his hand. ,,You could come with me and fulfil your duties, as next in line,, he said looking at Boru, but Boru shakes his head.

,,My home is now here. I have nothing back at the Pack,, you see Brandon hold his hand, which made you miss your love.

,,I see that, but once I leave you are still no longer welcome,, you even find it quite harsh, but Boru doesn't seem to mind.

,,I still accept it,, the Alpha got annoyed at his eldest son, but before he could say anything, you cut him off.

,,Goodbye Alpha, you may leave now,, he gruffed a bit and left. ,,You two do whatever you want to do, I am dealing with the rest once I have my darling back,, they nod and you leave straight to the dungeon where you left them, but saw something that shocked you to your core. ,,Darling?,,.