42. Darling!?

William's pov.:

,,Don't worry, I'll keep her safe with my life,, he sighed still running his fingers through her hair. You look up to see Brandon and Boru hugging the potential life out of each other. *I need to stop being single* you had as an unimportant side thought.

,,If she wakes up before I get back-/,, you were fed up with everything at this point.

,,I know the procedure. Go, you need to get to your mother and create a safe environment for her,, at this point everyone was just waiting for Voltiaere, but he had his own issue. ,,It's difficult to leave her here and vulnerable, but you also promised her something, didn't you?,, he nods.

,,Never put her over the nest,, he kisses her forehead and lays her back down. ,,Once everything is done and dusted, I will come back down to get you two,, you nod and with that they leave. You sigh as you realise this might take a while and make yourself comfortable, still monitoring her .

*I had to become a doctor. I couldn't be something as simple as a maid!? But no! Being a doctor is so fun! I get to save lives* you look at Y/n who is still laying there. *Or bring them in the afterlife* you didn't tell this Voltiaere, but you are actually not sure if she'll make it. The turning process is quite a difficult one and normally done in a controlled environment. Especially with someone who know what he is doing. You're worried that she will never wake up, or even worse, never fall asleep. Her being in limbo between life and death is the worst punishment one can have, for the both of them. Her soul would endlessly look for her body with a great deal of pain the longer it's gone. He would feel empty and his soul would never be able to move on as hers wouldn't be completely gone. No one can help her during this as well, that is the thing that destroys most vampires, that they are to feel useless for once towards their soulmate, but it is not only them that feel helpless.

You overheard Brandon talking to Boru earlier and you yourself are even worried for her. *This has to go well. Y/n you have to wake up. Not just for Voltiaere, but for all of us. You make us all happy and we will need you in the future. You are able to calm him, able to get him to sleep and able to make him smile. You-/* your thoughts were cut off by the sound of the dungeon door opening. You being half panther, your hearing is better than others, so little things like that you can hear. Though, something was off. You couldn't hear steps, rather rocks being kicked and puddles being stepped in multiple times. You quickly get up and pull Y/n in the corner. You try to figure out what their distance is from you two. The closer they get, the more you realised that they are specifically searching for someone. Specifically, her.

While trying to figure out how to get out of this situation, you hear that one of them found a scent. *Ok, multiple wolves and just one of me. Why is it always me that gets the s**t show!? HOW IS THIS FAIR!?* you turn into a panther and as soon as you see the first one, you attack. There were four werewolves against you. The first one you bit it's throat out as soon as you could. Once the other's realised that their comrade was killed by you, you tried to off the second, but the third pushed you off him. You manoeuvre avoiding their attacks, but one of them bit you in the leg. The other managed to push you against the ground. You had to watch them go up to Y/n and start to drag her away.

It wasn't possible to help her, since the bite is still on your leg and every time you moved it seemed he bit down harder. She was pulled out of your sight and you full blown panicked. You try to get yourself free, ripping your leg a bit in the process, but to no avail. It wasn't until the werewolves were suddenly pushed off and with ignoring the pain you attack the one dragging her off. Catching him off guard, you bite the back of his neck and claw his throat open. You check on Y/n for any major signs, but her arms are just a bit bruised from the bite. You look back at what helped you and growl at the two new werewolves. They back away a bit and turn back to their human forms, as you do ,,Who are you two!?,,.

The girl and the boy cower a bit at your tone. ,,We- We were sent by- by the Alpha's son,, the boy said.

,,Boru!?,, they both nod. Thy both seemed to be terrified. ,,What are both of your names?,, you ask them a bit calmer than before.

,,N- Nick a- and Se- Selena,, Selena said.

,,Well, my name is William and this here is Y/n,, you want to continue to check on Y/n, but forgot that your leg was hurt. You fall to the floor and they both run to you.

,,You're hurt!,, Nick emphasised.

,,Yeah, he bit down good,, you check yourself. ,,I need to bandage it up, but it should heal by itself. Can you both help?,, they cutely nod at the same time. ,,Okay, you both carry her please and I'll lead you to my infirmary,, you say, but Nick stops you.

,,What about you?,, he asked.

,,I'll be fine. You two just keep her safe for now, ok?,, they both nod again and you couldn't help but silently chuckle. *Maybe they both aren't so bad?* they both carefully pick her up and you lead them to the infirmary. As soon as you open the dungeon door, you are met with blood and body parts everywhere. Some of them you even recognise. You look back at the two seemingly young werewolves. ,,I suggest you just keep your eyes on me, don't look around,, they nod and you sigh and head as quick as you can to the infirmary, ignoring your own pain just so the two don't need to look around them too long.

It takes a bit, but you eventually arrive. You gesture them to put her on the bed, as you get supplies for your leg. ,,Do you need help?,, you debate whether you should let them help you.

,,Do you guys know how to do stuff like this?,, they both look at each other. ,,I'm okay, I can handle it myself,, you turn back to bandage yourself, not seeing their guilty looks.

,,DARLING!?,, you sigh as you bandage yourself up and prepare yourself for chaos.

,,VOLTAIRE STOP SHOUTING! SHE'LL BE SOMEWHERE,, the two turn as they recognise their Alpha's son's voice.

,,WHERE THE-....,, you quickly grab them and cover their ears, so they cannot hear the plethora of curses that even surprised you that would come out of his mouth. ,,.....IS SHE!?.....,, once he stopped you let them go and see them.....blushing? ,,I...uh....,, you couldn't explain, as the chaos finally arrived.

,,Darling!,, he runs in and rushes towards her.

,,She is still asleep. Some wolves attacked me and dragged her off, but Nick and Selena helped me. She only has some bruising, nothing else,, he wasn't even fully paying attention.

,,And you?,, or so you thought.

,,One of the werewolves bit down on my leg, otherwise I'm fine. It isn't as bad as it looks,, the reassurance was more for the two worried looking werewolves than you own friend. You didn't mind though as you understood his worry.

,,Are you two ok?,, Boru asked the two and they nod.

,,Thank you for sending them, they saved not only her but me as well,, he just shrugs it off.

You all freeze when you hear Y/n mumble something ,,Darling!?,,.

------------------------------

This was the last filler chapter of this book. I will have a Brandon and Boru chapter, but the book will end with 45 chapters