38. I love you too

Y/n pov.:

,,No!,, he still tries to get away, but you are not letting him.

,,Volt, you will die. We've been stuck here and you haven't feed in over a week,, you look at Brandon in confusion.

,,Over a week!? I was stuck in that dream for over 3 years!,, you say.

,,Time works different. Do you actually remember living through every single day,, you shake your head. ,,Time also occasionally skips, but still gives you the thoughts you would have built. It was a very elaborate spell, something only high-level priestesses can achieve,, he explains.

,,Or witches who get help from b****es,, Voltiaere groans still trying to move away.

,,I- I'm confused,, you look in-between the two boys.

,,Don't worry, getting to know her this past week, her ego is larger than the world,, you help him sit up against the wall, but he just pushes you away. ,,She'll be here, to make sure her failure of the spell won't last long,, he clearly struggles to hold himself back. ,,Darling, you need to go away,, you shake your head.

,,Voltiaere, please. I don't want you to die,, you ask him with desperation.

,,No! I will not kill you as well!,, he is genuinely angry.

,,I'll help you! I'll talk you through it! You just need to remember to listen to me,, he shakes his head.

,,It is too risky,, this made you slap him.

,,How dare you!? You promised me you wouldn't put yourself in this situation again!,, he tries to talk, but you don't let him. ,,You can't lose me!? What about me losing you!? Why can't you just do it!?,,.

,,Because I love you!,, it turned dead silent in the dungeon. Nothing could be heard except for Voltiaere still in pain, now more ways than one. ,,I love you way too much, to risk killing you! Soulmates blood is different! It's more addicting! The control to not kill you needed is something I don't have!,, he says this time the one in desperation.

,,Not only that, with your blood type it's even worse,, Brandon adds in.

,,I am not killing another soulmate! Especially my own! I don't care if you also accept it!,, he coughs up a bit of blood, but ignores it.

,,What do you mean accept it?,, Brandon asked quietly. Voltiaere was about to answer, when the door opened and his mother walked in.

,,Surprised to see me? Well, I am definitely surprise to see you still breathing,, she chuckles a bit and Voltiaere grabs your arm. ,,Well, isn't that cute. Voltiaere has finally found someone to love. It's a shame she will die soon,, she teases, but you were too in shock to see her.

,,You won't touch a single hair on her!,, Voltiaere threatened.

,,Ohhh, I am so scared of my injured son,, she turns to the guard behind her. ,,Bring in our guarantee,, the guard leaves and she opens your cell door. ,,Now, Voltiaere, my favourite child. You can decide, just like last time. Either kill your Soulmate or let your brother's get tortured,, in was dragged a tired looking Boru.

,,Boru!,, Brandon tried to fight against his chains, but they stayed in the wall.

,,Don't even try. I used the same ruins you guys had on her parents. Too bad I accidently stood on one of them, making them ineffective. Voltiaere, you need to decide,, she deadpanned.

,,Voltiaere don't you dare answer her in this!,, Voltiaere didn't say anything, he couldn't. His morals were fighting against his rationality.

,,Guess I'll decide for you then, I've always wanted to see how slowly a werewolf could bleed out,, she pulls out a knife and walks to a now panic crying Boru.

,,Please don't hurt me! Brandon!,, he tried to run away, but the guards were holding him down. Brandon was using all his might and anger to break the chain, but nothing was helping. Voltiaere tried to get up, but couldn't.

,,Stop! Stop, I'll swap! I'll swap! You can torture me! Boru did nothing wrong! I am the one that a caught Voltiaere's attention!,, she stops in her tracks and looks at Voltiaere.

,,Well, if she is willing to offer. Swap them and chain him up,, more guard walk in you cell and separate you too.

,,Don't you dare touch her! Darling!,, he tries to fight them off but one hit against his wounds and he is groaning in pain.

They chain him back up and tie you in the chair Boru was in. You look around to see him checking on Brandon, both being locked in one cell. ,,Very heroic of you! Such a good heart and pure innocence. How do we think I could break it,, she holds your face and looks at a struggling Voltiaere. ,,How about we open up some old wounds?,, she takes a different knife and your heart beat starts going up. ,,Oh, don't be scared. We could just have the mut here instead,, she offered, but you quickly shake your head.

,,No! No! I'll- I'll stay put, just don't hurt them!,, you plead.

,,As you wish,, she starts slicing across all your old scars.

,,No!,, Voltiaere tries to get up, but is starting to get even weaker.

You start to cry. Not, because of the pain, but you are watching Voltiaere dying. Or is he watching you? ,,You have really bad luck when it comes to humans accepting death, don't you Voltiaere?,, she laughed.

,,Voltiaere what the fuck is she talking about!? What is this about accepting death!?,, Brandon asked.

,,Has he never told you?,, she asked mockingly.

,,Told me what? I know he killed Alex!,, she laughs at his frustration.

It then dawned on you. ,,Voltiaere didn't kill him,, she smirks waiting you to finish. ,,He helped him kill himself,, you say quiet, but everyone heard you.

,,No! That never would have happened! We were-,, Brandon started shaking his head.

,,In love, but not happy,, Voltiaere interrupted. ,,Alex was miserable. Everyone could have seen it, but you didn't. You just didn't want to,, he continued.

,,It was practically like cutting into smooth butter, to convince him to go through with it. It took Voltiaere more convincing than it did him, I actually had to use my power against him,, she said while cutting you up some more.

,,Brandon I am so sorry! I'm sorry!,, Voltiaere cries out. Brandon just stands there in shock.

,,Inermis have lost nothing in our world! I could have even accepted the mut, but an inermis!? And now the both of you!? No! I will not let a weak and helpless kind tarnish our pure royal blood!,, with that she stabs you.

Voltiaere shouts and screams for you, but it falls on deaf ears. A guard walk in says something to his mother. ,,That always my fun is spoiled by work. Hopefully you'll be dead by the time I'll be back,, with that she leaves.

,,Y/n!,, you hear.

,,Darling!,, they all shout for you, but the only thing you feel is your blood leaving your body.

It feels like an eternity and all of a sudden Voltiaere is in front of you, taking you from the chair. ,,Darling, it's going to be ok,, he says with a shaky voice. ,,William, you have to do something!,, he puts pressure on the wound, but sighs.

,,She's....been bleeding out too long, before we can even get to blood-,, Voltiaere interrupts him.

,,No! She can't die! Please, no,, he cries pulling you close.

,,Volt, I think there is another way to save her. There is one other way to keep her "alive",, he looks at you with concern after Brandon suggested it.

,,I love you too,,.