33. But I won't be here anymore

Y/n's pov.:

,,Good or really that bad?,, he looks around and sees everyone staring.

,,Come with me,, he mumbles angrily and pulls you out of the hall. He drags you down a few hallways, before he stops turning to you.

,,I'm sorry! This was all their idea and I didn't have a say-/,, you were cut off by him kissing you. It was different this time. Not desperate, but still close.

Your arms wrap around his neck and he pulls you close. He pulls away, but still holds you close. ,,I missed you all day and now I get you back looking irresistibly gorgeous,, he exclaimed.

,,I...I was just gone for a normal work day,, you try to change the subject, being overwhelmed by the compliment.

,,Too much,, he over dramatized and you burst out giggling. ,,Way too long for not seeing you. How did Brandon used to last the whole night?,, your giggles turned into full blown laughter. ,,And there she smiles! You are truly beautiful,, he says taking off your mask and you realise you don't like compliments.

,,We have to go back, aren't you the host?,, he just hums. ,,Hey! Are you even listening!?,, he hums shaking his head.

,,No darling,, you give up and try to go back yourself, but his grip doesn't loosen. He goes back to kissing you, but now it's a full blown make out.

*Gentleman my a*s!* he pushes you slightly so your back is against the wall. His hands dangerously go to your lower back and he starts to kiss desperately.

With a groan he pulls himself back. His head goes into your neck and he nibbles a bit. You gasp when you feel his sharp teeth. ,,Like I said...,, he says looking at you again. ,,...you look irresistibly gorgeous, but that is an event for another night,, he pecks you, but you're confused. ,,Don't worry, it's nothing bad,, he adds after seeing your expression.

,,We need to go back,, you remind him. ,,And you have lipstick all over you,, you giggle wiping it away.

,,At least they'll know who belongs to me,, you panic at that thought.

,,You need to go back at least. Everyone was staring and they know we left together,, you say worried.

,,Darling, there is nothing to worry about, okay? I said I protect you and that is what I will do,, he kisses your forehead and you hug him.

,,I told them this was a bad idea. Your parents will kill me,, he chuckles and pulls away.

He picks up the forgotten mask and puts it back on you. ,,As long as you wear this, nobody will have a clue of who you are,, he takes out a cloth and cleans your smudged lipstick and you wipe of what you left on him. ,,Shall we?,, he asked.

,,What will everyone think?,, he just shrugs.

,,That I just had a midnight snack,, his finger trails along the side of your neck. ,,They may not know who you are, but they can definitely tell that you're human. I didn't bite you, but just made enough of an indentation, that they'll think I have and just healed it,, he says simply.

,,Can you do that?,, he chuckles a bit.

,,No, but they don't know that,, you scoff at his smirk and he leads you back to the hall..

As expected, everyone was staring and whispering. If only you could hear them. You both walk back to the tiny group and find another couple, who look slightly more dishevelled than before. You look at Boru. ,,We did talk, but not much,, and roll your eyes.

*I will be long gone when these two finally start their relationship* Voltiaere hands you a champagne glass of water and mingles with another guest.

You don't really listen. ,,Voltiaere! You remember miss Moon, don't you?,, his father asked.

You look up to see a tall red head, with green eyes and wearing an orange burst gown. *I thought she was supposed to be older than Brandon!? She looks just as old as Voltiaere* you start to feel more and more out of place.

,,Of course, it is a pleasure to meet you again,, he said a bit tense.

,,As it is mine. You have definitely grown into a well young man. And you are?,, she asked you obviously irritated by your presence.

Voltiaere was about to answer, but he was cut off by his father. ,,She is just a family friend. Help us when we had trouble in an inermis village. No one important,, he whispers the last part. ,,Why don't you two join me on the stage, while I make an announcement,, he pulls Voltiaere away and you just stand there with the others. He goes up on the stage quite urgent and grabs the microphone ,,Ladies and gentlemen, thank you all for joining us to this sudden event. You all might question what this is all about, well this is more of a celebration. My wife and I would love to announce the engagement of my next of kin Voltiaere Phantom and the lovely Charlotte Moon,,.

Everyone starts clapping, but you and the others are in shock. ,,What!? How could she be engaged to him!? She is way too old for him and he never would have agreed!,, Brandon raged, but with everyone being so loud, no one could hear him.

You feel a hand on your shoulder and turn to see Boru looking at you with concern. ,,Y/n, are you okay?,, he asked.

,,Uhm...,, you look back at the "happy couple" and are not even sure yourself. ,,I think...I am going to go,, he nods knowing it is not worth the trouble arguing and you leave as quick as possible.

You get to about the second hallway, when the lain finally hits you and you start to cry ,,Darling! Darling wait!,,.

He tries to grab your arm, but you pull it from him. ,,I am not your darling anymore,, you say not even looking at him.

,,You can't say that. I never agreed to this engagement! I have no idea where this came from!,, he tries to explain, but you shake your head.

,,It was bound to happen. The way your mother talks about you, your father wanting you to take over and me being an inermis,, you remind him.

,,Darling, don't say that. You are much more than the name we give,, he tries to hold your hands, but once again you don't let him.

,,Am I really? A helpless and useless being. You protect me non-stop and I always get into trouble. I said this wouldn't last and this is just the proof,, you tell him.

,,I am not marrying her! I don't want to marry her! You are the one I want to be with!,, he stated.

,,I have to leave you at some point,, you say mentioning about his immortality.

,,No! You are not leaving, because some old git said something I knew nothing of! You can't leave! Darling, I...I-/,, he is trying to say something, but seemingly can't.

,,Voltiaere!,, his father screams and he sighs.

,,This is not over! I will be right back!,, he rushes back.

,,But I won't be here anymore,,.