Lucifer's Last Day

"My first love was never Eve. It was you, Chloe. It's always has been." Lucifer walked towards her slowly as he spoke, bringing his hand to her face. He kissed her, trying to drink in every piece of her, his detective. His Chloe. As he stepped back to fly away, she tried to hold onto his hand. "Please, Lucifer. Don't leave me." "Goodbye." He opened his wings and flew away, not daring to look back. Without even thinking, Chloe ran to the balcony and jumped. Either she would die or he would catch her. She didn't care which. One way or another, she would be with him. The bright lights of LA blurred and she squeezed her eyes shut, waiting to hit the pavement.

He knew he shouldn't but he looked back. He looked to see his detective one last time, but instead of seeing her on the balcony, he saw her falling towards the ground. Fast. He didn't think about it, he rocketed upwards, catching her just before she hit the ground and flew her up. As far away from the ground as he could get her, landing on the roof of Lux. She had wrapped her arms around neck and he was holding her as close to him as possible. He let go of her when they landed and bent down to look in her eyes, "Are you okay? Did someone push you off the balcony" She still wouldn't look at him but he wasn't having it, "Chloe, answer me." She met his eyes and shook her head. He stepped back, "You jumped?" It was more of a stamen than a question. "Why the bloody hell would you do that?" His fear turned to anger and then to sadness and he looked at her. For the first time, she looked completely helpless. "Lucifer, I- I can't. I can't handle losing you." He touched her face, "Detective. Chloe, I have to go. I have to keep you safe. I don't want to leave you." Chloe shook her head, "Then take me with you. Take me with you, Lucifer. You- you can't leave me." Lucifer smiled sadly and shook his head, "You can't come with me. No matter how much I want to take you with me, you have to stay here. You're...good. You don't deserve to go to Hell. You don't deserve to be in pain. You, I- ", he brought her chin up and their eyes met. "Ask me, Detective. Ask me what I desire." She took a breath, talking though the tears, she asked "Lucifer, what do you truly desire?" "I-, I want you to be happy and safe and I want to stay here and be with you forever." "Then why don't you? Stay Lucifer. Stay with me." She was so desperate, but so was he. "I CAN'T DETECTIVE, I can't stay with you." He broke eye contact and walked to the edge of the roof. Chloe followed him, "Then give me one more day. Please. Give me that. Please, one more day." He looked at her, crying. "Would that make you happy?" She nodded, "Then tomorrow at this time, I'll go to Hell." She kissed him. Hard. All the safety, all the restraint was gone. Replaced by desperation and danger.

Lucifer scooped her up, not breaking the kiss, and stepped off the side of the building. She gasped into his mouth when their feet left the ground. He spun them, putting a new meaning on downward spiral as he gently flew them down to his balcony. He set her lightly on the ground. "Now Detective, it's late. You need your rest." Chloe shook her head, "I don't want to sleep. I don't want to waste a minute of today." Lucifer turned to face her, now walking backwards towards the bar, "You need your rest, Love. I promise you; we'll do everything you desire in the morning." He turned and smiled at the defiance in her stance and on her face, "Actually," he chuckled, "that's the primary reason you'll need rest." He could see her trying to hold it in, but a small smile played across her face. "I'll meet you in the bedroom, Detective."