Valentines Day

Chloe came home. It was her first Valentines day with Lucifer and she hadn't expected much. Dinner, maybe some flowers, but no. He hadn't even shown up for work. She'd texted and called him multiple time to avail. She was pissed but more so, she was hurt. 

She was surprised to find a bouquet of roses on her kitchen counter. There was no card. Chloe hated cards. If you have something to say, say it, don't hide behind a pretty picture and a stupid quote. In this case though, a card would've been nice as she didn't know who they were from. Then she saw it. 

A small piece of paper, folded into quarters, and tucked into the center of the roses. On the outside, in ever familiar handwriting was one word, Detective. She unfolded carefully. His handwriting danced across the page, seeming almost too beautiful to read.

"It seems there is a holiday for everything. Mothers day, to celebrate how beautiful you are as the mother to you child and your baffling endless dedication to her growth and success. We have anniversaries to celebrate our love and for me to honor your selflessness in the most wonderful years of my very long life. Your birthday for another year of lessons learned (lessons like: locking self in interrogation with suspect = bad), trials overcome, memories made, and wisdom gained. Valentines day is a day for me to attempt to return the love you so incessantly share with those around you every day, to show you that your impact on those around you is monumental. You have such a heart for people and a hunger for life. I am so proud to have you as my best friend, my partner, my accomplice, and my person. I want you to know that this Valentines day and forever, you are loved. With all that said, I ask you, Chloe Decker, will you be my Valentine?

-Lucifer "

Chloe refolded the note, a smiled playing across her face.

"Is that a yes?" His smooth accent echoed though her apartment. Of course he remembered. He was Lucifer, her Lucifer and of course he was just off planning something. She turned and tried to stop herself from smiling. The broke eye contact only to kiss. Just like the first time, they were drawn together like magnets. When their lips connected, the both let out a breath neither knew they were holding. 

Lucifer and Chloe broke apart and he rested his forehead on hers. 

"You're an idiot," Chloe mumbled, chuckling. She pulled him into a hug. 

"My idiot," she whispered in his ear and he laughed deep in his throat, releasing her and kissing giving her forehead a light peck. 

"I'm going to take that as a yes." Chloe rolled her eyes and kissed him again. He broke it before she could deepen it. 

"While I am thoroughly enjoying this, we have plans." Chloe was slightly disappointed, but all that was erased at the excitement on his face. They got into his corvette and parked outside of to LUX. Lucifer tossed the keys to the valet and opened the car door for her. 

He escorted her in the front doors. There was something kind of exhilarating to be the girl on his arm. He could have anyone he wanted. People of all ages and genders watched him when he walked in, making every excuse to touch him or catch his eye. Lucifer didn't notice any of them. He simply walked her to the elevator. As soon as they were in, he dipped her like in a cheesy romcom and kissed her. 

When they got to the top, all his furniture was pushed to the walls except the piano, leaving the space where his couch and coffee table had been wide open. The penthouse was decorated much like downstairs had been on the night of their prom, but this time the decorations were in black with random splashes of red. On top of the piano was a basket with something in it. Upon closer inspection, Chloe realized they were fuzzy socks. She looked at him quizzically, 

"Socks?" He nodded, 

"Hold on a moment." He walked into the bedroom and came out without his jacket or vest. She smiled at him, 

"Well, if you get to be comfy, I do too." She went into his bedroom and, as she'd suspected, he pretty much drooled at the sight of her when she came out. She was wearing nothing but one of his shirts and her undergarments. She smiled, 

"So, socks, why?" He snapped out of it, 

"Right, trust me, Love. Put them on." She did and so did he. Chloe wasn't sure why she was wearing them, but they were soft and Lucifer was, well Lucifer, and she knew whatever he had planned would be either really fun or really kinky and f she was honest, she was down for either. 

Lucifer pulled her out onto the makeshift dance floor and hit play on the little black remote. Chloe recognized the song imminently, Budapest by George Ezra. She smiled, reading the excitement on her face and pulled her to him, dancing. 

My house in Budapest
My hidden treasure chest
Golden grand piano
My beautiful Castillo

You, oh
You, oh
I'd leave it all

He spun her and she slid across the floor like she was iceskating. Now she understood the socks. 

My acres of a land
I have achieved
It may be hard for you to
Stop and believe

But for you, oh
You, oh
I'd Leave it all

He was smiling at her like an idiot and he knew it, but she was the most adorable human to ever exist. Some how etherial in her clumsy sliding. He realized in that moment that he would to anything to make her smile like this again. 

Give me one good reason
Why I should never make a change
And baby if you hold me
Then all of this will go away

Chloe hadn't felt this good in she couldn't remember how long. It was silly, really. She was dancing in her underwear and fuzzy sock to her favorite song, with the literal king of Hell and he was looking at her like she was the only thing that mattered. He looked oddly like a puppy, when Chloe thought about it. His big brown eyes look at her through his long, dark, lashes, a goofy grin plastered across his face. 

My many artifacts
The list goes on
If you just say the words
I'll up and run
Oh, to you
You, oh
I'd leave it all.

Lucifer dipped her, kissing her softly before swinging her back to her feet. He wished this could last forever. To dance with her forever. What he wanted, what he truly desired, was her. The song was ending before he knew it. 

My house in Budapest
My hidden treasure chest
Golden grand piano
My beautiful castillo

"I'd do that for you, you know. Leave it all behind, if you asked me too." She smiled at him, knowing he meant it, "Well, maybe not the piano," he chuckled, "but you are my world, Chloe." 

You, oh
You, oh
I'd leave it all

"I love you, Lucifer"

Oh for you, oh
You, oh
I'd leave it all

"I love you too."