Have another wedding

The area was beautiful, quaint, per Chloe's request but Lucifer had endless money and endless taste, which combined with Chloe's rugged beauty, made for the perfect wedding. That was for tomorrow though. In the meantime, Lucifer and Chloe walked around LUX, it was closed, as the wedding guests were scattered around in groups, talking and mingling. Lucifer and Chloe were on separate sides of the room. Lucifer was stuck in a seemingly endless conversation with one of his brothers. 

"I just can't believe you're marrying a mortal, then going back to Hell." Suddenly Chloe appeared by his side, 

"Lucifer, you're what?" 

"I was waiting until after the wedding to tell you. I didn't want to ruin it with my devil side." Chloe looked at the angel that Lucifer was talking to, 

"Excuse us," she grabbed Lucifer's wrist and dragged him into the elevator. 

"Detective, I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I promise I wont be gone for that long. Just a day trip, that's all. I have some things to take care of." Chloe was silent the whole ride up and Lucifer rambled apologies. When they got to the penthouse, she pulled him out of the elevator. 

"Show me your devil face." He stopped, 

"What?" 

"Show me your devil face," Chloe repeated confidently. 

"You realize what you just said, right?" She nodded confidently. 

"You asked for it." Lucifer's face shifted into the red, scarred, mess they referred to as his 'devil face'. He looked towards the ground, terrified he would see fear or repulsion in her eyes, but Chloe never wavered. She put her hand under his chin and lightly lifted his head to look at her. 

"Lucifer, I love you. I love every single piece of you and I can't wait to marry you, scars and all." She kissed him and Lucifer melted into her. When they broke apart and he shifted his face back to normal, he pulled her into a hug. 

"I love you too, Chloe. More than anything in this life of the next." It was barely a whisper but she heard it. She held onto him like she'd never have to let go. 

____

Lucifer watched as Chloe walked down the aisle and the crowd faded away. It was just her and him. With each step she took down the white carpet that had been placed over the mossy ground, Lucifer felt more and more in love her. Her tea length dress swished back and forth around her knees. She had considered white, but instead chosen a blush pink dress with a white satin ribbon around her waist. Her veil was already back, but it couldn't hide how the sun made her hair shine gold. 

Lucifer reached out when she got to the steps and helped her up them, whether she needed it or not, he didn't know, but he was desperate to touch her. Her hand was warm in his. She faced him and reached for his other hand. The priest began speaking. 

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Chloe Decker and Lucifer Morningstar in matrimony commended to be honorable among all; and therefore is not to be entered into lightly but reverently, passionately, lovingly and solemnly. Into this - these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together - let them speak now or forever hold their peace." 

No one spoke of course. Lucifer and Chloe were perfect for each other and every single person in the crowd new that. Neither Lucifer or Chloe was aware of anything the priest was saying or of the crowd. If someone had jumped up to protest their marriage, they wouldn't even have blinked. They stared at each other in utter fascination. Lucifer admiring the bright blue in Chloe's eyes and how she always seemed to glow. Chloe admiring the deep brown of Lucifer's, wishing she could drown in them. 

"You may now state your vows." Lucifer smiled, 

"Chloe, I look at you and I see my best friend, your energy and your passion inspire me in ways I never thought possible. Your inner beauty is so strong, that I no longer fear being myself. I no longer fear at all. I never thought that I could find someone that I could love that would love me back unconditionally. Then I realize that, although we were often apart, you were always with me and you were my...everything. You give me purpose when I feel I have none. Without you my soul would be empty, my heart broken, my being incomplete. I've been so unbelievably in love with you every day since you were brought into my life, and I'm so grateful that you love me too." He placed the ring on her finger and gave her another dazzling smile. 

"Lucifer, I don't remember the day I fell in love with you. Whether it was the day we met or the day after that, or the day after that. I don't know because the truth is, I can't picture a time that I wasn't in love with you. I always knew you were the one that could look into my eyes and see my soul. I don't question your commitment to us and I know there's nothing we can't work through. And I accept you as my partner and as my best friend above all others. You are a piece of work, but you're my piece of work. I accept you, every single thing that makes you who you are, from now until the end of time. I love you." She placed the ring on his finger. They just stood there, eyes locked, smiling at each other like teenagers in love for the first time. 

"Do you, Chloe Jane Decker, take Lucifer Morningstar to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" 

"I do." She squeezed his hand, smiling even wider. 

"Do you, Lucifer Morningstar, take Chloe Decker to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" 

"I do." It took everything in Lucifer to allow the priest to finish his part before kissing his bride. 

"Then, by the power vested in me by the state of California, I pronounce you, husband and wife."

"You may now kiss the bride." The priest added after a brief moment, but Lucifer was already kissing Chloe.  

The blood boiled under her skin, burned in her lips. Her breath came in a wild gasp. Her fingers knotted in his hair, clutching him to her, pulling as close as she possibly could. Chloe's lips parted as she breathed in his heady scent and- 

The crowd cheered, Lucifer and Chloe broke apart. He snaked his arm around her waist and lead her down the steps, down the aisle and to his car. He opened the door for her and helped her in. Lucifer kissed her once more before taking off. It was quick, too quick for either of them, but they had their whole lives to kiss. They would only get one wedding.